whats best sat finder

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
Hi guys im after a cheap sat meter finder, all i want it for is pick up the sats on screen when i get a signal
so i know what sat im, on what's cheapest one to get, the one i got now is only signal meter reading

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You need a meter capable of reading the NIT. Several threads in this section on such meters ;)

#Thread moved to the appropriate section.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
These are professional meters and not really for us amateurs, much cheaper to use your meter, and when you get a reading, use your receiver, to scan in the channels, then check on lyngsat to confirm which satellite you're on.

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
what bout them ones with screen on shows you the channel do they tell you what sat you on

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
They kind of do, but not directly. If you mean what I think you mean, they are basically a set top box inside a small package. Satellite identification can be achieved the same way, i.e by identifying channels on particular transponders.