Whats the best blind search and sensitive receiver on sale?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
45 euro.. not too expensive then... that used to £32... a cheap receiver... now with the pound value I think it's nearly £45.. hmm

the one I think might have the same pcb... cost about £25

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
StarTrack SR55X, Globo Opticum 4100C, and all others, based on ALI 3329C reference board. Quite sensitive (compared to dreambox, openbox, supermax) and fast and accurate blind search also.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
yes does reveiver,are all selling,in difrent markets,of the world!
but the bootloader is difrent,and maybe also the ir infrarot remote code !
this often happens on simular difrent brands like Hyundai or Kathrein for example!

riccy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gibertini120
My Location
spain
i have one opticum. one question is more fast the Smart MX 04 ?

thanks

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
greenmanbelg, is the smart mx04 fast ?

as i had a feed scan tonight and i don't think i would use another receiver over my vantage

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
yes 3-to 4 minutes for the complete satellite,depents how many transponder the bird have:)
how long the vantage needs time?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Turok said:
yes 3-to 4 minutes for the complete satellite,depents how many transponder the bird have:)
how long the vantage needs time?

That is fast Turok...

I tested a cheap unbranded fta this afternoon to see if it was the same chipset ....15 mins for Hotbird so about 7-8 hours for the arc versus 1.5 hours.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
wod said:
greenmanbelg, is the smart mx04 fast ?

as i had a feed scan tonight and i don't think i would use another receiver over my vantage

3-4 mins but the software not pretty to look at like the Topfield is. Could you post some screenshots of the Vantage. Dose it display sig plus quality when you move between channels? Which Vantage did you get?

It dosen't remember the channels it received so if you scan again it duplicates. Dose the Vantage store only once?

Thanks.

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
that sounds like it could take a long tme to edit instead..or delete all and rescan..

bit like computer software and video equipment ... one was good at one thing .. another at something else ..

shane77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin/VU+/AzBoxMe/TM5400 and many more odds and sods
My Location
notts uk
so what the most sensitive reciever and how much of a difference is there between a standard and sensitive reciever?

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
shane77 said:
so what the most sensitive reciever and how much of a difference is there between a standard and sensitive reciever?

We haven't got the latest results yet from Belgium ... we is all waiting ...on the edge of our seats... with ba(i)ted breath even...whatever that is... that's what we is doing... right now... while JD is working tirelessly to discover...... the answer to.... the ultimate question of the universe ..

Will it be ....dix points... or .....deux points

----------
the smart might be good at scanning fast

the difference between the most sensitive and the not so good isn't usually that much, but 5-10% makes all the difference... especially if you add in a good dish, good lnb etc...

judging by your stb you should have one of the most sensitive already that is difficult to beat.

shane77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
notts uk
pedro2000uk said:
We haven't got the latest results yet from Belgium ... we is all waiting ...on the edge of our seats... with ba(i)ted breath even...whatever that is... that's what we is doing... right now... while JD is working tirelessly to discover...... the answer to.... the ultimate question of the universe ..

Will it be ....dix points... or .....deux points

----------
the smart might be good at scanning fast

the difference between the most sensitive and the not so good isn't usually that much, but 5-10% makes all the difference... especially if you add in a good dish, good lnb etc...

judging by your stb you should have one of the most sensitive already that is difficult to beat.
Its the ci+ version quick at blindscanning but not that sensitive:eek:

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
shane77 said:
Its the ci+ version quick at blindscanning but not that sensitive:eek:

I thought the 1500 was about the same- same tuner etc.. ... what have you compared it with.

shane77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
notts uk
From what I read on other forums etc 2 models one for fast scanning and one for sensitive signals

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
I know they made TMS versions at one time.. the S was for an extra sensitive blind scan version of their main models, but I think the tuner sensitivity was the same once you had the channels scanned, I think it was just a software option. Some of the S versions were .. .slow ...to dead slow on blind scanning.... not sure if they were actually that sensitive either for blind scanning.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
maye this is a technical reason,that most of the blindscan tuners,has a real bad tuner?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
GreenmanBelg said:
3-4 mins but the software not pretty to look at like the Topfield is. Could you post some screenshots of the Vantage.
Thanks.

3-4mins that will be on a 5mhz step blind scan as i so much doubt it is that quick on a 1mhz blind scan

the vantage is quick in 4-5mhz step scan taking a few minutes but once you get down to the finer scans 1mhz steps this takes longer

also the vantage scans both h & v at the same time.

yes the vantage does have signal level bars on the channel banner

the vantage i'm running is the x221tsci which can also receive dvb-t channels too

also there is the nano x 9400 which is very good at blind scan too

Attachments

• IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 56

shane77

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
notts uk
wod said:
3-4mins that will be on a 5mhz step blind scan as i so much doubt it is that quick on a 1mhz blind scan

the vantage is quick in 4-5mhz step scan taking a few minutes but once you get down to the finer scans 1mhz steps this takes longer

also the vantage scans both h & v at the same time.

yes the vantage does have signal level bars on the channel banner

the vantage i'm running is the x221tsci which can also receive dvb-t channels too

also there is the nano x 9400 which is very good at blind scan too

How sensitive is it compared to the tm 1500 ci+, was that your old reciever if memory serves me right

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
yes i do have a tm1500ci here as well, i bought the vantage as it had blind scan as the technomate i have here is the tms version with very slow blind scan

the receiver is very sensitive as i can pickup mbc on 26east with a 90cm dish, i can also get 4west megasport channel which i didn't on the tm1500

the vantage also has a positioner setting which works better with my vbox - 36volt motor

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
wod said:
yes i do have a tm1500ci here as well, i bought the vantage as it had blind scan as the technomate i have here is the tms version with very slow blind scan

the receiver is very sensitive as i can pickup mbc on 26east with a 90cm dish, i can also get 4west megasport channel which i didn't on the tm1500

the vantage also has a positioner setting which works better with my vbox - 36volt motor

Did say the Vantage was one of the few stbs to beat the TMs .. excellent example Wod.

The newer TMs (5000 series) have a far better blind scan now but I don't think they are any more sensitive when we tested them they just upped the numbers so it could be that the Vantage is still more sensitive.