whats the difference between a 0.6db lnb and

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
whats the difference between a 0.6db lnb and 0.3db and a channel master matched feed option with 0.3 db c120 lnb

bas

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The matched feed can very positively improve performance of a dish, it will ensure full and accurate illumination of the dish face. The difference between a 0.6 and 0.3 can in some cases be zero and in others offer quite tangible signal to noise ratio improvement, it really depends on the individual LNB.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
The difference between a 0.6 and 0.3 can in some cases be zero and in others offer quite tangible signal to noise ratio improvement, it really depends on the individual LNB.

And how scrupulous the dealer is with their noise figures of the LNB. Many out there are taking figures out of the sky, usually just to ensure the performance look like its better than the next shop down the road.

Go with the dedicated feehorn as your first choice (as long as it is a true Channel Master one) , you cant go far wrong.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Channel Hopper said:
And how scrupulous the dealer is with their noise figures of the LNB. Many out there are taking figures out of the sky, usually just to ensure the performance look like its better than the next shop down the road.

Go with the dedicated feehorn as your first choice (as long as it is a true Channel Master one) , you cant go far wrong.

Nostalgic for the days of noise figure printouts of individual LNB's a la SMW.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Llew said:
Nostalgic for the days of noise figure printouts of individual LNB's a la SMW.

Tho only ones I know of that still do are Invacom and California Amplifier (professional Ku range) .