What's wrong with my RED button?

Malteser

Reaction score
I have the full sky package (but I live outside of the UK). Whenever I want to go interactive and hit my red button, it works perfectly on all channels except for the one thing I'd love to use it for.)(-red On Sky Sports, during the football, you're supposed to be able to hit the red button and choose "player cam" or "fanzone". Although, it worked in the first week in the season, it never works anymore'O'-red . When I hit the red button and then "live football," I get the same message come up, "Sorry, this service is not available at present. Please try again later")(-red . What's frustrating, the red button interactive works perfectly on Sky Sports for the NFL or live tennis or live snooker. Does anyone know why it won't work for me for the live football? Pls help....:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Where are you Malteser, or is your name a clue? Could be that the particular transponder which carries those services is not receivable with your equipment in your location.

Malteser

Reaction score
Malteser said:
I have the full sky package (but I live outside of the UK). Whenever I want to go interactive and hit my red button, it works perfectly on all channels except for the one thing I'd love to use it for.)(-red On Sky Sports, during the football, you're supposed to be able to hit the red button and choose "player cam" or "fanzone". Although, it worked in the first week in the season, it never works anymore'O'-red . When I hit the red button and then "live football," I get the same message come up, "Sorry, this service is not available at present. Please try again later"|||)(-red . What's frustrating, the red button interactive works perfectly on Sky Sports for the NFL or live tennis or live snooker. Does anyone know why it won't work for me for the live football? Pls help....:confused
But surely, if that was the case, then the other interactive services would be a problem too. (Yes location is in the name)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Malteser

Reaction score
Malteser said:
But surely, if that was the case, then the other interactive services would be a problem too. (Yes location is in the name)
Bugger ! That's probably it.. I used to have BBC channels but then they moved to Astra 2D and I lost them. I guess I also lost this facility too!! Thanks for clearing this up for me; at least I know why now! There's not a lot I can do about it though, except get a 2.4 m dish. I've been told that's the only way for us although I have a friend in Portugal who only had to move the LMB to one side and the channels re-appeared. Strange that??! Do you know if I'm being had by my agent about the 2.4 m dish so that I spend more money. He knows that I'm a satellite addict...!! Maybe he's trying it on !!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
From the look of the Satcodx footprint, you will need at least that.