When do you think SKY HD won't cost more?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
As with Sky+ subscriptions, do you think Sky HD will waive the £10 per month subscription in the new year - given the credit crunch?

If not when?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Don't think their be in any hurry to - they might waive the £10 fee for Plus record facility to non subscribers, would be nice :)

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
SKY may well have to reduce their prices if enough people start cancelling their subscriptions due to the "credit crunch". I wouldn't hold my breath though.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Was looking at getting a new hd box off sky as my rear projection gave up last month, got a new HD 42" now. I see they are asking for 15 euro extra a month on top of the 71 im already paying. Then they want 150 for box and another 50 euro to put it in. 86 euro a month seems a bit steep. Im hoping too they might reduce it even for the sky world package holders to get the hd charge left off. We will wait and see.

keith mawer

Reaction score
hiya , has any one actually got a sky hd receiver and the big question plz!!! are they happy with the picture quality .. ?????

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
Yes, I have had one for about 3 months now. I certainly can tell the difference between SD and HD when watching golf and football. Some of the BBC HD pictures are pretty impressive too especially the geographical/nature ones.

keith mawer

Reaction score
stephen ,, sorry 1 question ,, i assume you dont get any juddering ( ie on fastmovement) like football,,,,

Cupart

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
satelliteman said:
... they might waive the £10 fee for Plus record facility to non subscribers, would be nice :)

Highly doubt that will happen anytime soon if ever. If Sky were to waive the GBP 10 (EUR 15) for the plus functions they would loose out on those who only subscribe to the minimum package for the service.

I can't image that there are many who only subscribe to the plus functions as it seems like most customers calling sky are told this is not possible (at least the impression I get by reading all the post concerning the subject) eventhough it is.

G

Nobody has mentioned Freesat yet: Despite the fact that Freesat was only intended to provide choice for folk at DSO, it has become abundantly clear that the splendid Humax Foxsat PVR has gained a following amongst former Sky users.

If that rather curious trend (curious 'cos some of these folk already have operational Sky kit .............. ) maybe there is a "competition" factor creeping into the pricing equation?

Stephen W

Reaction score
My Location
Norfolk
Keith - sorry, I should have got back to you sooner. No juddering at all watching football or indeed any other sports. The only problem I had one night - some weeks ago - was a number of occurrences when the picture froze but that has not happened again. I am hoping that was just literally a one-off.