When you're fast asleep, how do you know your're not dead?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Morbid, I know, but I always wondered this as there is never a point when you notice yourself falling exactly into sleep.:-carrot

You can sense drifting into sleep but the moment of crossing into sleep is lost. :D

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
easy... i wont snore when im dead :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I'd have thought you'd feel pain of somesort (from a Heart attack, Annurism, knife in your back (a kind missus!!) etc.) if you died just as you're falling asleep, but as I have a long time left (I hope!!!) I don't really want to find out any time soon... :D

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Of course you know when you are dying but then youre dead so you don't know that you knew you were dying so you then don't know you are dead. Simple really. :-googly

Saturlight said:
Morbid, I know, but I always wondered this as there is never a point when you notice yourself falling exactly into sleep.:-carrot

You can sense drifting into sleep but the moment of crossing into sleep is lost. :D

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
If U wake up, then U are not dead (really!)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
2cvbloke said:
I'd have thought you'd feel pain of somesort (from a Heart attack, Annurism, knife in your back (a kind missus!!) etc.) if you died just as you're falling asleep, but as I have a long time left (I hope!!!) I don't really want to find out any time soon... :D

Nah, but in death all those sensations which led to death are cancelled out. Perhaps I am saying is there a real difference between deep sleep and death.:-googly

Merry Christmas.:-santa3

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
TJExcalibur said:
Of course you know when you are dying but then youre dead so you don't know that you knew you were dying so you then don't know you are dead. Simple really. :-googly

Exactly. :-googly And like Monty Python said, "ewe came from nothing, ewe iz going back to nothing. What ewe lost? NOTHING. :D":-thumbup

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
What's with all the sheep references? Ewe = Female sheep.... :-rofl2 :D

I know you lot North of the Tyne (born South of the Tyne myself) are strange, but I didn't know you were that bad!!! :p

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Many times I am falling asleep, and just about when I am entering deep sleep I feel this awful pain. This is nto a sign I am dying, it is the dragon elbowing me for (alledgedly) snoring. One day I will fall asleep and if there isn't pain I know I am dead.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
T_G said:
One day I will fall asleep and if there isn't pain I know I am dead.

Or your missus is... :D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
T_G said:
Many times I am falling asleep, and just about when I am entering deep sleep I feel this awful pain. This is nto a sign I am dying, it is the dragon elbowing me for (alledgedly) snoring. One day I will fall asleep and if there isn't pain I know I am dead.

Lol well I certainly can relate to that T_G no wonder I never felt rested. I used to wake up with bruises.:-googly

The only way to tackle the situation is to use your phone to record SWMBO when she is sleeping and snoring, she will not believe you until you provide video evidence.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Topper said:
Lol well I certainly can relate to that T_G no wonder I never felt rested. I used to wake up with bruises.:-googly

The only way to tackle the situation is to use your phone to record SWMBO when she is sleeping and snoring, she will not believe you until you provide video evidence.
^

Nonononono you must be joking mate, you don't know what I am dealing with. Even if I show stone cast evidence of her snoring like drunk bear it will still be my fault. How? God and the dragon move in mysterious ways. But it is 100% my fault. World hunger? My fault. Famine? My fault. She has a bad hair? My fault. Her food tastes shit? You know the answser. Her mother is a an old b****? Double my fault. I am just happy I wake up alive :-sugar.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It is a no win situation I see........ OK well seeing as it is your fault perhaps you has better both get one of these

Or if you are into electronic gadgets one of these off Ebay

Failing that well just admit defeat and resort to the spare single bed

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
Is that a picture of T_G and his missus in the link you posted ? these
They look like a happy loving couple and I can't see any bruises. :-tree

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
TJExcalibur said:
Is that a picture of T_G and his missus in the link you posted ? these
They look like a happy loving couple and I can't see any bruises. :-tree

The bruises are mental :-cry1

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
2cvbloke said:
What's with all the sheep references? Ewe = Female sheep.... :-rofl2 :D

I know you lot North of the Tyne (born South of the Tyne myself) are strange, but I didn't know you were that bad!!! :p

Ewe iz a bully. :D :D:-googly:-sugar