Wher can I get a new Channel Master Feedhorn?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
iceman said:
What LNB did you use? hard to believe an LNBF out performing Channel Master feed + invacom C120 (preferably a quad) on a Channel Master offset dish.
We're kind of going over old ground here. Dish was Gibertini, not CM. Have a look here for more info.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Huevos, I attach a close up. Sorry couldnt get a clear pic.

Does anyone know why all eight screw holes don´t align. Do I need to put some silicone sealant in the 4 holes with no screws, or is it still water proof?

Just waiting for a day without clouds, so I can compare feeds and lnbs.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 68

embalse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600/ Technomate 1500ci
My Location
UK Surrey / Spain Madrid
DishDick said:
Huevos, I attach a close up. Sorry couldnt get a clear pic.

Does anyone know why all eight screw holes don´t align. Do I need to put some silicone sealant in the 4 holes with no screws, or is it still water proof?

The Feedhorn is designed to work with different LNB's which have slightly different screw configurations. If 4 screws align you will have a tight seal.

You do not need to use silicone, the O-ring is enough.
Silicone may help with the seal lasting longer, but if you do not have any to hand do not worry.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
DishDick said:
Do I need to put some silicone sealant in the 4 holes with no screws, or is it still water proof?
The o-ring keeps the water out as it is inside the screw hole circle.

That feedhorn looks like the one I've got here. It's got a number on the flange (3040661). Is yours the same.

DishDick said:
I really urge you to try an Inverto Black Ultra. I've got a few people to try one on a CM dish and all have been surprised and happy with the results. See the link above for my personal experience with my Gibi dish.

embalse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2600/ Technomate 1500ci
My Location
UK Surrey / Spain Madrid
Huevos said:
That feedhorn looks like the one I've got here. It's got a number on the flange (3040661). Is yours the same.

I do not have one at hand but if I recall, 3040661 is the serial number for the part number 611606007 CM feedhorn.

It would seem logical to print 611606007 on the feedhorn but they put the serial number instead.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Huevos,

Yes mine says 3040661. Does the Black Ultra come in a quattro version? Do you have a supplier you can recommend? You are testing my resolve. This was supposed to be my last purchase. I have a shed full of LNBs and other sat bits that probably cost the same as the GDP of a small country!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Are you using a multiswitch then? I'd get a single to run tests with. If you were a bit closer I'd have lent you one. TDT Professional near Malaga do them mail order and pretty cheap.

Single 14€: _http://www.tdtprofesional.com/catalogo-satelite/lnbs-conversores/conversor-lnb-single-black-ultra-02db-9-1593.html

Twin 27€: _http://www.tdtprofesional.com/catalogo-satelite/lnbs-conversores/conversor-lnb-twin-black-ultra-02db-9-1594.html

Quattro 27€: _http://www.tdtprofesional.com/catalogo-satelite/lnbs-conversores/conversor-lnb-quattro-black-ultra-02db-9-1598.html

Quad 42€: _http://www.tdtprofesional.com/catalogo-satelite/lnbs-conversores/conversor-lnb-quad-black-ultra-02db-9-1597.html

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Yes, using a multiswitch. Not worth testing with a single, as if it was good I would end up ordering a quattro, so would end up paying twice. Would rather just pay the extra 13€ up front.