bwizz
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
darkbox rev2007 Reciever + old pace sky box
70 CM OVAL DISH
multi lnb
My Location
Cornwall UK
Can anybody tell me in simle terms where in relation to astra 1 I would point my dish , also what would a pace skybox see its id no as
.I have just ordered a dark box from flea bay and it seems English films are to be had on thor , any comments appreciated

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thor is 20 degrees to the West and up by a few degrees elevation, but the digibox is less than ideal for finding it, best wait until your receiver arrives as there is nothing you can view using the digibox.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
bwizz said:
Can anybody tell me in simle terms where in relation to astra 1 I would point my dish , also what would a pace skybox see its id no as
.I have just ordered a dark box from flea bay and it seems English films are to be had on thor , any comments appreciated

Have a look at this lovely picture I have drawn:-rofl2, a graphical approximation of the location of the satellites, as seen from the London region.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...t-motorised-systems/117335-satellite-arc.html

Robbo:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Another reason not to use a d/box is because the dodgybox only has 22000 and 27500 S/rate settings adjustments ; although digiTV are on 27500.. There encrypted anyway arn't they.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes that is right, DigiTV is 27500, looks like there is a handful of free to air channels that the Sky Digibox should be OK with.

_http://www.lyngsat.com/1west.html

e.g 12767H 27,500 3/4 - channel name OTV.

Some channels like A1plus and U are also shown free to Air, unfortunately tagged as nagravision, so the poor nobbled Digibox won't show them.

Not much actually worth watching by the look of it though.:)

bwizz

bwizz
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 CM OVAL DISH
multi lnb
My Location
Cornwall UK
Thanks ,I am in Cornwall so ,it would seem to high just to the right of Astra 1 "simple terms" , I was thinking to use the sky box as I don't think my dark box "I haven't actually got it yet, actually has a strength meter in it , I am thinking of going motorised as this going up and down a ladder to see what I have got is driving me mad ,last attempt I had a portable tv and receiver on my flat roof,I am sure neibours think I am mad

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Moved your post from the "Arc" thread to here.:)

Yes in simple terms Thor is to the right and up a bit, but there are obviously sats in between that you may find along the way.

Tthe Darkbox is bound to have a signal meter, even the Sky Dodgibox has one.:-rofl2

Yes, fitting a motor is the best option for most.:)

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
bwizz said:

Simple :- right a bit up a bit!! 1Deg west

dave

bwizz

bwizz
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 CM OVAL DISH
multi lnb
My Location
Cornwall UK
Thanks for info ,I will reprt back when the dark box arrives