Which 17 input multiswitch?

stvy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-s
My Location
norway
Hi,

I have 3 satellite signals, 28E, 1W and 5E. I would like a set-up so that I can have receivers which can access any of these 3 satellites. I need 8 outputs.

My plan is to swap out my LNB with quattro style LNB. Then to cable all 12 outputs into a multiswitch. The receivers would access the sats as if the multswitch were a diseqc switch.

I also want the option to install a DVB-T antenna and interface that into the system later.

Due to the limitations of how I can install this I will have to mount the multiswitch outside close to the LNB's.

Ideally I would like an IP 67 or whatever would be required multiswtich alternatively I can just mount it in an IP67 box on the side of the house.

So can someone please receommend me a good quality unit that provides what I am after? I have seen there are units from Triax model TMS 17x8T and also EMP-centauri model MS17/8 PIU-6. Are there any others? and which would be recommended as the best quality.

Also my cable runs are approximately 10m from the LNB to where the multiswitch will be and the multiswitch will be maximum 20m to the furthest receiver. Will I need an amplify to boost the signal post multiswitch?

Thanks,

Stvy

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi,

The above multi-switch mentioned is a line end switch of a cascade system and thus possibly requiring a launch amplifier depending on the losses.

You can get receiver powered switches but not sure about the 17 inputs versions.

Cable runs won't give you too much signal loss @ 2Ghz

SM

stvy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-s
My Location
norway
Hi,

Receiver powered would be ideal for me. As that will mean I do not have to route AC power outside, and can most likely gaurante at least 3 outputs to always have a receiver connected and powered on..... Can you recommend any models?

What do you mean by a launch amplifier?

I have read that the Triax unit I have named only has passive UHF splitting and has 24dB loss. The loss on the satellite outputs is 0dB. I.e. this must be active splitter. It is therefore wise to pair it with a Triax IFE30 Amplifier for the UHF terrestrial DVB-T signal. Is that what you mean by launch amplifier.

Thanks,

Stvy