Which CAMS can be programed in Laptops?

al pal

My Satellite Setup
Kaon KSC 570H PVR, Triax TD88 REX Single 0.3db LNB, SM3D12 DiseqC Motor, Digifusion FVRT100 Freeview Dual PVR, Cambridge Audio DVD57, Sony STR-DB930, Mirage AVS-500/ FRX-S8, Toshiba 36ZP18P.
My Location
Scotland M8 Corridor
I want to get a CAM preferably Dragon 4.1 but do not want to have all the extra's. I only have a loptop so cannot leave a system setup for occational use. Can I program the Dragon CAM via my laptops PCMCIA slot? Is there another CAM this is possible with or would I just be better getter a programmer?
If this is the best option which programmer has the best connectivity for a laptop i.e. no serial port, USB2 and PCMCIA only.

Thanks in advance.

Al Pal

claasi

My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
The Dragon CAM cannot be updated by laptop. You need the loader card or a CAS Interface. Matrix CAMS, Reality CAM and the X-cam work with laptop. But not all laptops work with CAMS so you have to be aware. Often older laptops with 16 bit pcmcia work better than 32 bit ones. I have an old 486 lappi and it works great with the matrix cams.

Claasi

dvmedia

My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
claasi said:
...Matrix CAMS, Reality CAM and the X-cam work with laptop...
Does this include both Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, they can both be updated with a laptop.