Which dish is best?

damaan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish, dual LNB with technomate 1500CI receiver
My Location
uk
Some advice please guys. I currently using a 90cm dish which I've had for my years in is now in bad repair. It points 13oE and i have a monoblock 0.3dB on it. I need a new dish. I have seen the Triax TD78 and TD88 as well as the Orbital 80cm. Which one would you recommend for my set-up? Is the smaller dish OK - especially for weight purposes. However i don't want to lose any signal - so maybe the bigger dish is better.:confused
Any advice greatly received!
Thanks,
anesta.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I have an Orbital 80cm and find it excellent. Light in weight but robust. But others have expressed disdain. Each to their own!

But one thing I would say is that it's actual size (and I've lost the bit of paper I wrote the dimensions down on and can't be bothered to go up the ladder to re-measure it!) is not generous. It's scarcely bigger than an old Sky "Analogue" Dish. Mind you, my wife has one of those with a Monoblock on it and it's "perfick"!

Nowt wrong with the Triax's either.

If all you are going to use it for is 13/19E, then the Orbital or the TD78 will be fine.

If you want to motorise at any point, go for the TD88.

Assuming by "UK" you are somewhere sensible ................ ??

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Will also depend on budget. If you want to spend more, the higher grade dishes will perform well - FR Penta85cm, Gibertini85cm, Visiosat75cm, Visiosat BISAT to name a few. The latter having the same gain for both slots. Given the satellites you want, most 70/80cm dishes would suit.

yongii

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dish tv
My Location
st.louis
Hello,
I think Orbital 80cm is best. i am also using it and it works great some of my friends 70 cm and that also working right.i will collect some more information about it then i will tell you.

thanks!!