Which Dish to go for? (4lnb, ~40' arc)

DishWish

Reaction score
Hi.. having lived happily with a motorised dish for a few years, I've basically ended up with my choice of sats being astra2,astra1,hotbird,and the thing over at 5w (telecom2c/atlanticbird3 i think?).

Given that a) my sky box doesnt like it when I go roving around 'O'-red , and that :cool: im very unlikely to get away with a 2nd dish 'O'-red , and that c) I will soon be needing a quad lnb from astra2 :rolleyes: .. I think i might swap my motorised rig for a fixed one.

I'm considering the WaveFrontier 90 dish, or the Optex Vega..

wavefrontier: http://www.multilnbdish.com/
optexvega: http://213.254.189.34/2001/productdetail.asp?DB=MI&ID=769

Anyone have experience with either of these? Im tempted by the wavefrontier, as it seems to have had a little more press than the optexvega. Looking for any opinions on these dishes, and on which lnb's might be a good choice (for 5w I need the analogue chans, so mebbe a low loss one there? based in southampton, for an idea of signal strength)

Then I figure on a quad lnb for 28e, and standard ones for the rest, running 2 lines from 28e to the sky+, 1 line from 28e and the other 3lnbs into a diseq switch on the mast for the echostar 3600.

The motors been fun, but I dont go feedhunting anymore, and now just want a nice system that can coexist with the sky+ and not confuse the wife O-Ha

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Always nice to have a motor. I would keep it for the Echostar and try and hide a mini dish for sky. There must be somewhere you can hide a small dish.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Agree with Razor, does appear to be a bit of a backward step and after all a minidish is not that high profile. Why not try putting one up and see what happens. :)

If not, then the Torroidal would probably suit your needs.