Which Dreambox ?????

alarmeng

Why does it never work!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 mtr channel master,DM 7000 with H\Drive and a friend that doesnt understand me .Lol
My Location
uk
Come on guys help me out here :-)

I have a few gadgets already (need a life really) but i have a dbox2 (cable) and i have a manhattan 6800 which is currentley not connected.

I am now getting the bug back to start to have another play.

Sooooooooooo question is ! which dreambox do i get 7000, 7020 or 7025.

And if so why.

Manythanks in advance for the advice.

Gaz

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Alarmeng

Welcome to the forum!! :-welcome

It is good that you are considering a Dreambox, but you have posted your question in the 7000 section, so that is not the best place for it. Better in the general Dreambox section, more chance of an answer.

Secondly, have you had a good read through the various threads? I would think that the best thing to do is go through the last pages and have a look, you might get a better idea then someone telling you to get this one or that.

Finally, I haven't got much experience with the newer boxes...I am pretty happy with my own 5620, If you want cheap and reliable, that's the one. If you want to be able to record onto a hard drive, then go for the 7000 series. The only one I would not go for is the early 5600 without the network as it does help iof you are permanently connected to the computer with it.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i have a 7000s and must admit that when the 7025 come out i was a little miffed :(
but after reading all the problems people have been having, im glad i have my trusty 7000 :D
whatever box you get though, you will get teething problems... user error normally though lol
you do get the "im gonna kick it out of the bloody window" days, just like the PC really :-rofl2

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
I would say either 7020 or 7025

7025 has dual tuner (people please correct me if I'm mistaken) .

7020 has more support but its been around for longer. 7025 will gain more support as time comes. It's what I currently use and a bloody good machine. all set up via wifi and runs like a dream (pun intended) :D

7000 is older model and had some network issues (not sure if these are now sorted) it does have the best support out of all 7*** series.

Choice is yours.

z

alarmeng

Why does it never work!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 mtr channel master,DM 7000 with H\Drive and a friend that doesnt understand me .Lol
My Location
uk
Cheers fella's, still unsure so ill have better look around and see which i should get :-(

I can get a 7000 unit for about £210.00 is that agood price.

Thansk for the replies.

Gary

Reaction score
Website
www.gemeosat.com
My Satellite Setup
< Check My Profile >
My Location
Earth
For my opinion, DM7000S still the best for me at the moment. But if you want to get cheaper box to play, get DM500S.
DM7020 also a great box and DM7025 with twin tunner [more features] but the price is higher.
Read more all type of dreambox features and make a good discision.
Warranty is very important... don't forget this. We can give u idea but can't choose what the best box suitable for you.

Welcome to New DREAM... m8
Alien Cool

alarmeng

Why does it never work!!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Hi Guys .been offline for a while so only just read the replies.Many thanks.

I have managed to finallyy get my hands on a 7000,(wanted the 7025)but there you go, maybe when i have played with this for a while ill get the big brother lol.

Any way just booted it up after loads and loads of reading.(think i need glasses)hahah

Just put the latest dacinci on, just on problem at the mo i have the wrong dish set up up there and its pee'ing down so i cant change it.

Anyway i hope you guys dont get pee'd off if i seem to ask a few questions if im about to lob it out of the window.lmao.

Any way thanks for the advice

Gary

Ps

Nice forum.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Hi Alarming

We will soon be hearing Alarming bells ringing from you. Hope you get as much problems as we all had (lol)..Start off with the Gemini image 1st to get you up and running as you can download the cams/ cam config/ keys via the blue button to get you up and running. You might have to ftp in a new set of keys as some of the blue panel keys are outdated. Enjoy

Thinking of getting a 5620 for upstairs instead of taking another sub out from Sly myself.