Kingston

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD
Panasonic full HD 42" Plasma TV Panasonic Bluray player
My Location
France & U.K.
Hello everyone,

Just like my previous threads, I'm having HDMI auto switching problems.
My problem is that I have a panasonic plama 37" TV with 2 HDMI inputs. and want to connect a Panasonic blu-ray BD30 player,a Humax foxsat freesat HD stb and a sagem HD satellite receiver for picking up all the normal French channels on Astra 1.
I connected the Blu-ray to HDMI 2 and it auto switches ok. (Vierra) I then bought an HDMI auto switch with a manual overide button at Maplin with 2 inputs and 1output and connected my Humax and sagem stb to HDMI 1 via the switch.It didn't autoswich despite the clear description on the packet that it should.
Both my stb when connected independantly to HDMI 1 auto switch.

Can anyone recommend a switch that will work, would it be better to buy one with a 5 volt power supply?

Thanks,
Harry.

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
With my Panasonic HD TV I was told that the Vierra link should always go in HDMI 1, I now have my Panasonic DVD recorder with Viera link in HDMI 1 and the Sky HD box in HDMI 2. If you are having trouble getting the autoswitching to work have you tried connecting them to HDMI 2 instead? It may just make a difference as the Blu Ray player might be holding the TV on HDMI 2, I know my Viera TV tells the DVD recorder to go in to standby mode when it is not being used or when I switch the TV to HDMI 2. I can't advise about types of HDMI switch though as I haven't needed one yet. Doesn't you Panasonic plasma have three HDMI inputs, I thought most of the Pannys did now.

Kingston

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD
Panasonic full HD 42" Plasma TV Panasonic Bluray player
My Location
France & U.K.
Thanks for your suggestions. My panasonic is 2 years old now and only has 2 hdmi inputs (model N° TH-PX37:cool:. I thought that only hdmi 1 supported autoswitching. I have tried hdmi 2 and it does not auto switch apart from my Panasonic Blu-ray BD30. (Vierra link) Anyway I'll persist.