which motorised should i get

k0103707

Reaction score
thinking of getting a motorised dish. got a dreambox 500s, but have no idea which motorised to get for it. my dish is a 80cm dish. would like some advice on which motors are best for this box, something a long the lines of cheapness, reliability and all that, a bit like the db 500. :) any advice? thx guys

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
I have a moteck 2100 moving a 1.2 on patio pole no prob so far. It would deal with a 80cm very well. If the dish is above roof line there will be severe wind loading. Mine cost about £40 from germany they may have gone up a bit by now. [e*ay]

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
I agree with frund. I've also had the moteck 2100 for over a year now and had no problems at all with it. All motors can be a bugger to set up, I always suggest sticking it in the garden first to play about with it before getting up the ladders.

Good luck

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
yep thats the one...

although if your going motorised i'd consider a bigger dish

dlemaire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 7020 - 250GB HDD,
Moteck Motor (SG-2100A), 0.2 LNB,
90cm Dish
My Location
Cambridge (UK)
Here is a useful link for you:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=7939

I have a moteck too with a 90cm dish and I am happy with it. I can receive premiere, skyItalia, Sky (uk), tps, cabo, D+ (and I am based in Cambridge UK)... So depending on your location an 80cm dish is probably enough if you are going for these. If you are not sure make a google search for satellite footprints.

It is not difficult to use however the only problem is the set-up and I would recommend you pay for a professional to do it, unless you have (experience) set a few dishes up already or if you are prepared to work hard for it & invest in the equipment.

You can control your motor with your DB remote control.

How fast it moves... Well a few seconds between different sat orientations. Note that it is possible to use fix dishes if cannot be bothered to wait (for the motor to turn) for your favourite orientations with a motor for all the other orientations... with your DB

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
I found the most important thing about setting up a motor is to get the post verticle and I mean verticle. If it's slightly out then you will play all day and get nowhere. I concreted a post into the ground and then it took about 2 hours to set up and align. I then tested it for a few weeks before finally venturing up the ladders.

But well worth the effort even with a 80cm.