My Location
uk
depends what you want cam for

M

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi hopefloats,
at present hacked packages are very limited, so if you're already getting what's available, there is no need to upgrade, if not I can recommend the Dragon Cam, providing you have a card programmer capable of programming the loader card and your receiver is compatible.
Best wishes
Mickha

H

hopefloats

My Satellite Setup
105 dish
kaon reciever hdd prepared
My Location
ireland
well let me see i would like say a few movies english dont have to be great and 1 or 2 sports channels nothing major something in english would any cam give that 2 me with the right card

Leee

Leee

My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Dragon/T-Rex getting T-p-S & M-ulti-vision would be your best best - albeit reputedly you'll be seeing that switch off (since August really).

Also consider .... cost of T-Rex + card + proggy can be around the price of DreamBox DM500 (I wish I'd thought of that) and if you're not scared of that box, you can get alot from it....

H

hopefloats

My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
Dragon/T-Rex getting T-p-S & M-ulti-vision would be your best best - albeit reputedly you'll be seeing that switch off (since August really).

switch off what do u mean by that???????

and the dreambox what kind of options would that give me???
t-rex where would i get my hands on them??

M

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi hopefloats,
T-Rex and Dragon are the same Cam, just a copyright issue over the name. The Dreambox will give you all the Dragon can, depending on the image you flash it with, it is a little more complex to use and comes in a variety of models, and prices. You might want to read through the Dreambox forum before deciding.
Best wishes
Mickha

H

hopefloats

My Satellite Setup
105 dish
My Location
ireland
"depending on the image you flash it with"

what in a newbie terms does that mean

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look at the Dreambox forum, it has a huge (and world renowned) Idiots Guide which is essential reading for anyone contemplating a DB, it is a Linux box and can be programmed with different software (images) to achieve different results.

You really need to like tinkering with things to run a Dreambox, easier if you know your way around a PC and have experience with FTP etc.