which receiver to connect to pc

ish07930

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 7000HD, 1m DigiMaxx mesh dish, TM Motor
My Location
West Midlands
Hi All

Not sure if this is the correct section but.....I currently have a Technomate 1500 with a motorised dish.

I want a receiver that I can record on but then there must be a way of connecting this receiver to my pc so I can put the video on the pc and edit it etc.

I want to do this on a budget if possible!

Thanks

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
Not heard of a way ish, probally the best thing is to scart a dvd recorder? Sorry this may not suit budget! Most receivers that stream to pc do so via eternet connection which the tm1000 sereies don't have (9100 does though).
Will look around.

Regards,
Ollie

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
Take a look at the new Technomate TM-5200D USB as it is PVR ready and has a USB port where you record direct to a memory stick or to an external USB drive...

_http://www.technomate.com/viewproduct2.php?product=80

I'm currently looking at one of these as a possible option myself as it has the same patches available as the Techomate 1000 series receivers. The only thing is that I think there are a few teething problems with the PVR support from the firmware but nothing that I'm sure won't be resolved with future firmware updates.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Or a Dreambox, would have thought that it would fit the bill. :)

ish07930

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 7000HD, 1m DigiMaxx mesh dish, TM Motor
My Location
West Midlands
Cheers all. The 2 below are in my price range.

The 'TM-9100 Super' looks ideal for what I want. Record onto a hard drive in the STB and then ftp into it and drag the video file out.

The 'TM-5200D USB' also looks like a possibility. Record onto the external hard drive and then connect that hard drive to my pc.

Which of the 2 will 'unlock' the most channels using updates?

Thanks

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
garym71 said:
Take a look at the new Technomate TM-5200D USB as it is PVR ready and has a USB port where you record direct to a memory stick or to an external USB drive...

_http://www.technomate.com/viewproduct2.php?product=80

I'm currently looking at one of these as a possible option myself as it has the same patches available as the Techomate 1000 series receivers. The only thing is that I think there are a few teething problems with the PVR support from the firmware but nothing that I'm sure won't be resolved with future firmware updates.

When I last looked the TM9100 did not have a completely bug free image, although it's getting there. It is very similar to the dreambox and can utilise many pieces of software that the dreambox uses, but alas not the images!
In your price range the dreambox 500 is good, but does not have the capacity for a harddrive, but it will stream to your pc.
Haven't looked at the TM-5200D yet, sounds interesting :).

Regards,
Ollie

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ish07930 said:
Cheers all. The 2 below are in my price range.

The 'TM-9100 Super' looks ideal for what I want. Record onto a hard drive in the STB and then ftp into it and drag the video file out.

The 'TM-5200D USB' also looks like a possibility. Record onto the external hard drive and then connect that hard drive to my pc.

Which of the 2 will 'unlock' the most channels using updates?

Thanks

I have heard that there is a bug in the patch for the TM5200, that prevents the PVR facility via the USB working at the moment.

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
Robbo71 said:
I have heard that there is a bug in the patch for the TM5200, that prevents the PVR facility via the USB working at the moment.
The patch has apparently been done on the original Technomate firmware which doesn't support the PVR functionality (an additional download from TM is required to enable PVR but the patch wasn't written for this update). There is however still reported bugs and glitches with the PVR functionality after applying the TM update.

It seems that TM are due to release updated firmware within the next week or so that resolves some of the PVR issues which I guess will then be patched shortly afterwards.