Which type of card to use?

G

Golfer

I have been using a Millenium programer and gold wafer succesfully for a couple of years. Now from searches in this board, I came under the impression that the Funcard (ATMEL) has a build in processor that actually makes it better suited for zapping.

Quicker zapping is nice but is it more stable? From time to time with Palco and Tequilla, I lose reception and turning the receiver off and on will bring the channel back. This is a matter of no more than 40 seconds (if I manage to find the remote control). That is the only bad experience I have with the Gold Wafer.

What added enhancements would using a different type of card from the standard goldwafer give a hobyist?

or to rephrase:

Basically if you were to start from scratch, which card would you use and why?

Thanks,
Golfer.

F

Flippo

I don't know if you have a allcam receiver ( or patched 5400) but for sure the funcard is the best. Just look at the 5 in 1 funcard files. All codings on 1 card, that's great.

G

Golfer

Thanks Flippo.

I have a freecammed AllCam 4.6SE CAM. What does the 5 in 1 do that the Goldwafer does not do?

Also can I use my Millenium programmer to program the funcard?
Thanks,
Golfer.

nobbly

nobbly

My Location
Not in UK
The funcard has a better processor than gold wafer cards. It also has a 64k eprom. I find that the funcard is faster when zapping but there are less funcard files on the net which means it's harder to find a file which works well with some combinations of reciver and cam.

The 5 in 1 Funcard files are great if you have a reciver which is compatible. I have a Nokia 9800s and even with a patched cam I can't make it work. The best is the Humax

Take a look at http://www.funcard.net for info on the funcard.

Unless you want to spend lots more money I would stay with goldcards for now. I went from funcards back to goldcards.

nobbly :+

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To program the funcard, I believe that you will need to get the upgrade chip for your Millenium, unless you've already done so.

Rolf