Whitehaven to complete digital switchover

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Whitehaven to complete digital switchover

Whitehaven will become the first area in the UK to complete digital switchover tomorrow.

At 2am on Wednesday, analogue versions of BBC One, ITV1 and Channel 4 will be switched off and replaced with a series of digital channels.

After the switchover process is complete, viewers in Whitehaven will be able to receive BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, CBeebies, CBBC, BBC News 24, BBC Parliament, BBCi, ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, CITV, Channel 4, Channel 4+1, E4, More 4, Five, Community Channel, BBC Radios 1-7, BBC Radio Five Live Sports Extra, BBC Asian Network, and BBC 1Xtra.

"We’ve been very impressed by the response of people in Whitehaven to becoming the first all-digital community," said Digital UK chief executive Ford Ennals. "I’m particularly grateful for the hard work of the many organisations and volunteers here who have been instrumental in helping their friends and neighbours prepare for switchover.

"Our research suggests that nearly all 25,000 homes in and around Whitehaven are ready for the completion of this process which will transform many people’s experience of watching television.

"We estimate that around 500 households still need to take action to prepare for switchover. On top of that we know that social housing providers and the Help Scheme are still waiting for some householders to get in touch to arrange delivery or installation. Nevertheless, we believe that the vast majority of people in Whitehaven are well prepared and are looking forward to receiving the extra channels."

Switchover in the Whitehaven area began on October 17.

Regards Satdude.