Who Are The Big Dish Men & Ultimate Dish Men ?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
.
My Location
UK
With satellite dishes it's how big it is that generally has the most impact on signal reception. With that in mind I have created the "Big Dish Men & Ultimate Dish Men" table to provide visibility of which forum members are in the premier league. The table is attached below. If any forum member wishes to be removed from the table, added to the table or have their details updated please let me know via this topic and I will process the update.

The lack of UK installations in service in the table is probably due to restrictions by local authority planning regulations unless workarounds are found using mobile structures. However, we do have two enterprising UK members listed with the potential to "go large" In addition, the satellite enthusiast hobby seems to have declined more so in the UK in recent years compared to other geographic locations?

Apologies for ommissions, I am sure that there are quite a lot. I created the table quickly rather than exhaustively searching the forum.
 

Attachments

  • The Dish Men.webp
    The Dish Men.webp
    52.6 KB · Views: 140
:) - You got my details correct ... I hope to bring the Prodelin back into use again next year if my current dish re arrangement goes to plan.
 
Mine is Andrew , 8 panels and in service.
 
Nelson, Rima, frank

Thank you for your feedback, I have updated the table and attached the new version below.
 

Attachments

  • The Dish Men.webp
    The Dish Men.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 81
I don't have good signal ku band (inactive lnbf)... only C band


@frank-sinatra

Have you found any C band signals in the extended C band range of 4.5Ghz to 4.8GHz? You would need an LNB that covers that range? I think that from the UK the only satellite that is visible with extended C Band frequencies is 65W. However, you have visbility to satellites further West so it would be interesting to know if any of them are with extended C Band signals?
 
@frank-sinatra

Have you found any C band signals in the extended C band range of 4.5Ghz to 4.8GHz? You would need an LNB that covers that range? I think that from the UK the only satellite that is visible with extended C Band frequencies is 65W. However, you have visbility to satellites further West so it would be interesting to know if any of them are with extended C Band signals?

Yes.. tested 65W , but some friends show pictures with Viacom and some channels 4k (40.5W). Now, I don't have time to test 40.5W, but I have lnbf.

Here , I bought this lnbf (made here in Brazil): about 20 eur (105 R$)

LNBF AP30 PLL BANDA C MONOPONTO 4.5 ~ 4.8 Ghz - BRASILSAT - E-shop Satélite

There is a good way to do/make this kind of lnbf using some informations...
 
You better choose option "Insert Thumbnail"
 
Here, I send fresh updates from this 2 websites posted before... Arabsat (20E) in Brazil, I found first, lol
 
Back
Top