Whoa.......... Why's it done that ?

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox Pace 2200, 3 remotes, 2 mice, 2 splitters, a amp adder thingi, a Thomson universal LNB & a zone 2 dish..... With foamy whatsit coax
My Location
NW UK
Got Sky Pace 2200 It feeds the main telly down stairs & RF2 goes off upstairs thro a 2 way splitter amp thingi (With dc path) to two more tv's with sky mice

Recently got a new cabinet to house all the poo under the main telly & the remote wouldn't go thro the doors ...... So I linked in a third mouse to RF2 ....... Buuuuuut no more TV signal upstairs & the lights have gone out on the two mice up there :eek:

What ya recon ? ....... I thought ya could have up to four mice on RF2 ..... Or am I sadly mistaken ? O-no

(Just checked & its plugged in the right way round too) :(

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You'll need to take a lead from the distribution amplifier upstairs back downstairs just to feed the remote eye.

Hope your amplifier has spare outputs!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The mouse/TV Link eye has a voltage blocker on it, so nothing is then going to the amp upstairs. Use a 2 way amp in the cabinet, one output to feed the mouse and the other to feed the amp in the loft, you will probably need to use an amp adder in between, this attenuates the signal so that it doesn't overdrive the second amp. :)

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digibox Pace 2200, 3 remotes, 2 mice, 2 splitters, a amp adder thingi, a Thomson universal LNB & a zone 2 dish..... With foamy whatsit coax
My Location
NW UK
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Fliiiiiiiip :-doh2

Its gotta be cheaper to drill a ole thro the cabinet ;)

Oki so another splitter fingi & a amp adder wiv Tx .......

Can I add amps a bit further up line? (Before the 2nd splitter) Just trying to cut down on lounge spaghetti :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The other option is to use a remote extender. _http://www.letsautomate.com/10092.cfm?

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW UK
Umm....... Looks kinda Blech tho dunnit :(

Ok I'm being fussy now ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It doesn't have to be too obvious, as it will catch a reflected signal from the wall.

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW UK
Just a minor issue ..... How comes they give a warning about LCD/Plasma Tv's ?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Or run another aerial lead from the amp upstairs back downstairs!

j..m

ZZ Mop
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW UK
Thats a tad excessive dude

Anyways I gots no spare outputs :(