Why don't installers like octoLNBs?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
If I had run 3 cables it would have been quite a bit more than 60 quid.

daro2096

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup at present
My Location
Consett, Durham
Installers aren't charities!

However simple the task is, he/she still has fixed overheads, has to travel there and back, and then there's the cost of materials all before even considering the time actually spent on site.

Couldn't you have borrowed a ladder, though?

As for the Election, were the results not the same whichever Channel you watched? (Excluding Fox News, obviously)?

I wanted to record BBC, ITV, Sky News and Channel 4 at the same time. Only had 2 cables installed, needed 3 more in a hurry. Only cost £40 to install the dish and 2 cable runs. Why would it cost £60 to run another 3 cables? Rip-off I think.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I wanted to record BBC, ITV, Sky News and Channel 4 at the same time. Only had 2 cables installed, needed 3 more in a hurry. Only cost £40 to install the dish and 2 cable runs. Why would it cost £60 to run another 3 cables? Rip-off I think.
I refer you again to my Post, and to that of @Huevos.

Look at it the other way round ...... You got a bargain with the original Install.

All avoidable anyway, if you'd borrowed a ladder!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK

When was the first installation carried out ?

Was it the same installer ?

Were there different - longer - lengths of cable required, or a more difficult set of runs ?

Did you get an estimate beforehand and did they stick to it ?

When you mention 'needed 3 more in a hurry' was this a weekend or evening install ?