Why everything happens to me "season"!

O

onuroral

A couple of days ago, my season interface stopped working. Not because of the keys are wrong or anything, but season can not communicate with serial port. I replaced the 232 chip thinking that might be faulty. Nothing happend, I replaced the 7407 nothing happened, I checked the cables and everything. Checked the the little 22Mf capacitors they are fine. Then what is wrong!
I even reprogrammed my freecam with 018, in case of anything is wrong with it. When I swicth to emu mode on it works. Can it be the smartcard interface of the cam. I don't have any working smartcards to try. Any ideas.
Onur

nobbly

My Location
Not in UK
HI onuroral,
It seams that your sure the interface is ok. Have you tried another cable. Sometimes the cable can break with repeated movement or strain. Is there a good conection between the Sub D connector and the circuit board?.
Have you tried it on another computer.?.. It's possible that your com port has gone wappy. Sometimes if you install a virtual modem driver is can effect the port settings.

nobbly :+

O

onuroral

Thank you Nobbly,

A question, when I look at the the status menu under freecam2 it says "Nr No Card" even though I have my season in. It is the same when I insert an GW "I am new to that so I dont know if I programmed it right or not. When I switch the goodies menu to EMU ON it says "Nr Freecam018" something like that. I tried with a friend's eurocam the season didn't want to work again. when I insert the same GW it doesn't say "Nr No card" anymore.
My assesment is season has to be repopulated definately something wrong with that. But I can not come up with an answer why my Cam does not want to work.

Onur