Wife cuts off husband's penis

N

net1

A Brazilian woman cut off her husband's penis while he was unconscious after he told her he wanted a divorce.

The woman, from Lapao in the northeast of the country, cut it off with a knife after lacing his fruit juice with a sedative.

The husband, who had his penis re-attached in hospital, told police he understood her "stress" and didn't want to press charges.

"She was really stressed out. I understand her and will not put her through more stress," he told Terra Noticias Populares.

The wife told police she drugged his drink because she felt really angry after he told her that he wanted a divorce.

He fell asleep almost immediately and she first cut his forehead to make sure he was really sedated. When he didn't wake up she carried on.

The husband told the newspaper: "I woke up and realised I was seriously hurt and heard her saying: "If you can't be mine, you won't be anyone else's"."

The truck driver then managed to call emergency services and was rushed to hospital to have his penis re-attached.

He is still recovering in the hospital where doctors say it will be a few more days before they know if the surgery was successful.