Will i lose settings

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
A friend of mine has his motorized dish set up using diseqe, if he changes recievers will he need to have his dish realigned for each sat poisition or will he just be able to plug in the new box and carry on as before??

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I think he is going to have to re-store all the positions again if he wants to carry on using DiSEqC.

However, if he sets it up on USALs, all he will need to do is enter his latitide and longitude into the receiver and it will all work. He may need to go back to DiSEqC though to tweak some of the positions.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
If the dish and motor are aligned correctly then the change should not affect it. Put in the same values and it will be ok.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, as the old saying goes, "Remember where you parked". :)

So leave it on your reference satellite and it will make life easier. :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
rolfw said:
Yes, as the old saying goes, "Remember where you parked". :)

So leave it on your reference satellite and it will make life easier. :)

In your location you should use west 1 Thor, so the dish is nice and straight.

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
If you have a USALS rotor, you just need to enter the SAME geographical informations into the new receiver.

If you are using DiSEqC-1.2, you should take note which satellites correspond to witch memory position of the rotor. This is important, otherwise you will have to reprogram the rotor again (you don't have to change anything physically on the dish or rotor): if you have Astra2 on memory 14, but don't know that - how will you setup the satellite list on the new receiver?

If you look at my website on "My System", you will see my list of memorised satellites. I uploaded that information, to make sure I never loose it.

It wouldn't be the end of the world, specially now that I have a spectrum analyzer, but still it is unnecessary hazzle.

Cheers,
vma

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
Thanks guys, big help as always

Off topic (sorry) - Rolfw, did you know you are starring in this months what sat mag in the letters page??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No I didn't kip, unfortunately I don't subscribe to it.

irishweeman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix apollo converted to openbox x820
100cm orbital dish
moteck 2100 motor
Diablo 2.3
My Location
N ireland
Hi

how would i find out the memorised positions of the sats on the moteck motor?

kip

I am not a number
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Eagle Linux
My Location
south east uk
irishweeman said:
Hi

Just so others know Irishweeman is not hijacking this thread, but it is him i am trying to help. To be more clear than my original post - he wants to convert his reciever to an openbox which is a clone of the apollo, this will lose him all his setting as if it were a new box..

I hope this thread helps irishweeman, from what i can gather your motor will work fine as long as you set the openbox the same as the apollo, the menus are nearly the same, so if you goto 'menu' then 'installation' and take a note of the diseqe settings and set the openbox exactly the same, it should work..

Rolfw, it was just something they took from this site about freesat, not really worth buying it for (sorry off topic again)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
irishweeman said:
Hi

All I can say is that on my receiver the motor positions are transparent to the user, i.e you don't get to know what they are, but maybe your receiver is different.

@kip, Read it, and AS,PaulR and koansrc also got a mention.

vma

Reaction score
Website
vma-satellite.blogspot.pt
My Satellite Setup
RX: 3 motorized DiSEqC-1.2 dishes (100cm, 110cm, 120cm) + 7 regular dishes.
Main receiver: Vu+ Duo + many others & IRD
TX: Modulators for DVB-S/C/T + Dektec Modulators
Field Meter: Emitor, KWS, Kathrein, Unaohm, Promax, Spaun, Rover Instruments, ...
My Location
Portugal
You can see them either directly in the satellite configuration menu of your receiver, or in the settings editor, after you download the settings from your receiver.

If it is not possible either way, than that's bad luck. Motek and Stab rotors have a predefined list which people tend to keep, so that would be a starting point.

Cheers,
vma