Will my dish work?

arteye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Soon to buy Technomate. (not sure which one)
My Location
Balzan, Malta, Europe
Hello all,

Im new here and this is my first post :) I have never used or owned a satellite so please be patient with me....
Firstly I plan on getting a technomate as I have heard good things about them, yet i have no idea which one to get.....any help?

also, I have a serious problem, having a maisonate means that I have people living on top of me...so I would have to put my satellite dish on my garage roof....this will of course mean that there will be a wall next to it as it wont be the highest point.....will it work? and not just work, work well ie normal??

Thanks and hope to post much more here :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi mate welcome to the forum.

The dish will work anywhere where it has clear line of sight to the satellite(s) which you want to watch. I have an old dish sitting on a car tyre at the end of the garden! Another one is attached to a couple of fence posts knocked into the ground :D

As for the receiver what do you want to watch? Without that info no-one can give any recommendations

arteye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Balzan, Malta, Europe
Hi...well, my main importance is football :) mainly EPL games and even more importantly Man Utd games...but of course I want as many games as possible. I also want to be able to get channels like BBC world, prime, Discovery channels etc. . .
oh, and dont know if it changes many things but I am Maltese. Just thought to mention it just in case its needed .

And how do I know i have a lear line for the satelites??

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want EPL then a DigitalAlb subscription for the pay service on Eutelsat W2 at 16E is probably the most cost effective way to go.

A nonymous

Reaction score
You will need at least an 80cm dish for 16e, although a 90cm dish would more or less guarantee you getting a signal 99% of the time :D

As for the Technomate receiver, as long as it has a card reader and there are patches available it should be able to read your Digitalb (Conax) Card :)

If you go for a 5000 series make sure its not the old 5500 as there are no longer any patches for it.

I can recommend the TM1500 & TMS1500 :D

:-cheers

Nano

arteye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Balzan, Malta, Europe
i was told that i would be able to get those games on premiere and galaxy....is it possible?
i was thinking of getting a 90cm dish...which should get a good signal.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
I would have to put my satellite dish on my garage roof....this will of course mean that there will be a wall next to it as it wont be the highest point.....will it work? and not just work, work well ie normal??

If Maltese addresses are as well represented on GoogleEarth as UK addresses, you can type your address and the desired satellite into _www.dishpointer.com; and then move the cursor/X to the very spot you'd like to mount it; click the 'line of sight' box; and it will tell you whether the line of sight will be obstructed from that spot.

A nonymous

Reaction score
You won't be watching stuff for long unless your planning on getting a proper subscription for Premiere.

They are switching to Nagra3 & NDS so screens will soon go blank just as they have done with Digital+ & TV Cabo :-Nooo

:-cheers

Nano