wire it all up correctly with a quad lnb ???

alfa155btcc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a 85cm Faval Dish with 0.2 titanium lnb and alsat dark motor running off of a Technomate 1500 Ci Super
My Location
Bucks
Hello to All On This Forum,

I previously posted a thread asking about using or not as it was in the end a 4 way splitter, well after you all telling that this could not be done, I took your advice on board and tried it the way it was before ie 2 way splitter and then used a loopthrough on one of my stb`s, Guess What it Worked, so i did`nt need to wire up a quad lnb after all.

Saved me alot of time and money, who would if thought it eh ?????

I think on my previous thread i was not give enough time to explain myself properly and to top it off my thread was closed, thanks for that guys.......

alfa155btcc
:-doh2:-doh2:-doh2:-doh2

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Splitters still have limitations, though - but if it is doing what you want it to, that's good enough :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It will NEVER work properly though. But if your'e happy with it, that's the main thing.;)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Nice to see you are happy that it is doing what you wanted, however that still doesn't make what you have done the correct way. Technically it is less than perfect and thus prone to possible problems especially if you use more than one stb at a time, also a loopthrough is yet a further restriction on the set up.
As this is a self help forum leaving incorrect information around for others to follow without making it clear that it is wrong is only leaving the forum open to legal problems when hobbyists invest what are large sums of money based upon the information contained within the forums. Unless we make it very clear to people as in your case that what you are attempting is not the correct way we are open to possible litigation and therefore stand by the decision made to close the previous thread containing incorrect information.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Some things to understand about LNBs:
1. A LNB is 'programmed' by an STB to receive a specific channel off a specific tansponder. If you loop through to a second tuner (in the same or different STBs, and then try to receive different channels on the two tuners, it might or might not work depending on how the channels share relevant tuning characteristics on the LNB. This means that sometimes the second channel will fail to tune in properly. The aim should always be to connect each tuner to its own LNB. Multi-LNBs can help to achieve this without an additional dish.

HOWEVER

2. Multi-LNBs also have restrictions. They typically share common voltage rails, and when connected to multiple tuners can sometimes suffer from interference between the different LNBs. I have found that the official HD receiver in the UK causes huge interference with the other LNBs connected to the same multi-LNB. So also be aware of this.

3. The correct and failsafe way to connect multiple tuners to a single dish, with multiple LNBs pointing at multiple satellites, is to install a multiswitch, but these are really expensive. They isloate each LNB and ensure continuous power (as I understand it) to all LNBs. These devices are really high quality diseqc switches. See this link:
_http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/multiswitch.htm for examples.