• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

wish to learn more about MRV

Hi all of you here,

I'm not quite new in this forum and have much appreciate all infos available here. However, I 'd like to know more about MRV.

When I buy a MRV Cam for the first time, it was delivered with let's say 2.20 version. And it was told on the advertising that ther is UCAS 3.1 compatible , it can descrypt a lot of things etc...

when I update from 2.20 to 2.21 or 2.22 with CAS 2 USB, the procedure says "erease all, load bin file, write, and verify"

Everything seems to be fine. My question is to know what really occur when I "erease all". ? Did it erease "UCAS 3.1" ? If so, could that explain that I cannot clear S*ca channels ?? And how can i put again UCAS 3.1 in there ?

Could I load and write other bin file whiwh is different from MRV Software without ereasing nothing ??

Thanks a lot in advance for your explanations.

Irregular Member
My Satellite Setup
Plaza ST550
Dragon 4.1,
Cas2 + Add on.
Mastera card progger.
Lots of Ice Scrapers :-)
My Location
North West UK
OK. One point at a time :)
When you *erase all* you are erasing the old bin file, nothing else.
This must be done, as cas 2 will not overwrite.
You won't clear s*ca if you mean taquilla stuff, as it isn't encrypted in s*ca anymore.
It's now changed and is not available at the moment. There is a bit left on sly italia, but not much.
You can use soft for MR or MRev on your cam. Reborn is not recommended, though will work, but only for a short time.
As previously mentioned, cam must be erased before programming. Sometimes more than once.
Hope this helps a bit