World cup Ball??

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Can someone give me a good explanation why we all have a different ball in the world cup??

why not play with the same ball they have played with all year? surely that would result in more acurate shots and free kicks, passes etc..

i think its laughable, that they want an UNpredictable ball.

if they want unpredictable, they should have asked me to play.... cos when i shoot, even i dont know where the bloody balls gonna go!!

why get all the best players in the world together, then make is so they play crap.

what must the keepers think... as if there job isnt hard enough!

i know its not the first time they have done this.... someone should complain to FIFA, and tell them to not mess with the ball in 2010

sieveshaker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
scotland
its like playing with a plastic ball

sieveshaker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital
My Location
scotland
Remember the Addidas Tanga????

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
There waiting for Lampard to score 3 goals so they can give it to him...to give to me as a pressie.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I certainly cannot find the logic in the ball change, not sure how long the existing standard ball has been in use, but certainly enough time for skillful players to build their whole game around it. To then move to a new ball with unpredictable flight characteristics, seems madness and has almost certainly contributed to many players' apparent lack of form in front of goal.

Obviously the players will get used to it in time, but I can't help feeling that it has had a detrimental impact on the tournament thus far.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
rolfw said:
I certainly cannot find the logic in the ball change, not sure how long the existing standard ball has been in use, but certainly enough time for skillful players to build their whole game around it. To then move to a new ball with unpredictable flight characteristics, seems madness and has almost certainly contributed to many players' apparent lack of form in front of goal.

Obviously the players will get used to it in time, but I can't help feeling that it has had a detrimental impact on the tournament thus far.

AMEN! O-no

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Maybe it's to do with sales...

Everyone will want the World Cup ball like they want the new strip!