World Cup footy final live FTA in English, South Europe

perthkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Blade BM7000s HD receiver with Cccam/Newcamd, Acer Netbook, Netgear 3g wireless 4 port router,Time Athlon XP2400mhz Desktop. 2 x 80cm dishes- lnb1 at 13east,lnb2 at 19east, lnb3 on the 2nd dish for 28.2east Astra 2B south beam. Everything is open now
My Location
South Italy
Perhaps of interest to ex-pat viewers in southern Europe...We've been following the World Cup footy here in south Italy on the Astra 2B south beam, 28.2 east. Most matches have been broadcast live from "BBC Red Button" with English commentary, of course, Free to air, live, and the final will air live tonight.
Frequency settings....Astra 2B, 28.2 east, 12411v, 27500, 2/3

We like free!

Reception of 2B south beam is excellent here, on a 80cm dish. Fortec Star Platinum stb describes BBC "red button" channels as "BBC Stream", 6 channels available.
I imagine most FTA boxes will pick them up.

L.J's Liveonsat sport website confirms the feed details, you can get the link from Jimbo's footy section on this forum.

Despite the demise of BBC Entertainment here in Italy, there is still something to thank them for...Live footy, F1, Bike racing, Glastonbury, and T in the Park this weekend.

Thanks, BBC!:D
ps...seems to me not many English ex-pats down here know about the reasonable range of English language FTA channels available from the Astra 2B south beam on 28.2e, including also Sky UK options, if you brought your Sky UK box on holiday with you. PM me for advice etc...