World Cup with out 2d

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I know BBC had the rights to the World Cup witch we can't get here in the back blocks of Woop-woop but I have been seeing UKTV G2 promoting it too. How can this be? If it is too good to be true, is there any other way to see it with out 2d? May be through the interactive streaming channels or somthing like that?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
UKTVG2 sublicenced some of the games from the BBC. They will be showing quite a few of them.

simonskyman

I do dishes,me.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
big dish,sat box thingy,colour tv.and a remote control.
My Location
Limassol,Cyprus
uktvg2 will show whatever bbc is showing but not the match on itv.Also if you connect a digital sat receiver to your sky dish you can tune into bbc interactive and have some extra choices.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Cool. Can you explain in a bit more detail how I'd go about doing that? I've got the extra boxes ...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to just scan the Astra 2 satellite with the standard receiver Robbie, it will show the Interactive channels as streams.

You could always temporarily put the feed into the standard receiver and then loop out to the digibox.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Try scanning 12441V247500 2/3. 4 of the BBC streams are currently active with assorted highlights

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Done !!! but,,, could it be they are not active at the moment? I got all the other free to air channels.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just had a look - streams 0 1 2 & 3 are active with assorted highlights (including a game from Mexico 1970 by the looks of it!

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Got it now,, thanks.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
yes,they become active when the program starts on bbc,and like today they carry on even when match of the day has ended,showing interviews and highlights.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
That's great, the world cup isn't free to air here in Egypt and ART through Showtime are charging around 70 British pounds for it, a lot of my friends are in the process of swinging their dishes or even buying a box and dish for less then what ART want.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I did a scan on my 2nd non sky box in another room and I'm not getting the "Stream" channels on 12 441 V. I get the BBC radio channels though.
any thoughts?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Robbiewright said:
I did a scan on my 2nd non sky box in another room and I'm not getting the "Stream" channels on 12 441 V. I get the BBC radio channels though.
any thoughts?
It will not work on a digibox,only on a normal digital sat receiver.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Robbiewright said:
any thoughts?

Depends how the box handles data channels. (The BBCi streams are flagged as data channels) Try setting the channels up manually. Pids are on lyngsat or flysat

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
This isn't that important, as being one of the few people who get the World Cup in Egypt I seem to have found some new friends and I just want to move the hooligans out of the living room.

The box is one of the cheapest I could find. It was being used just to put BBC Radio into the kitchen for the Wife. It's a Topfield TF4000Fi so it probably doesn't handle data channels. I found the PIDS on Flysat but the satbox won't let me enter them as the PID bar won't hightlight and allow me to change anything. See photo.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There should be a menu option for Transponder/Channel editing Robbie, that is where you add or change the channel details.

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
I am starting to think this box doesnt do data channels, I found this SAT/TP edit bar in the Installation menu (1st photo) but that just took me to a System Recovery menu (2nd photo), nothing about PID's

Robbiewright

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
O.K, I got the photos around the wrong way. the "add new TP" bar doesnt ask for ant PID info either.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
There needs to an extra stage which is edit channel, but of course it may not have that function.