Would like to ask for some help?

chrissilke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
UK
I'm not sure if I am posting in the right forum here so forgive me if i p*ss anybody off. Please dont get annoyed just send me to the right place! :D
I have just moved into a flat that was renovated about 2 years ago. Throughout the flat are regular TV aerial sockets but when I try and connect a TV to them I get little or no reception, very ghosty. I then thought that perhaps I could try Freeview and again I wasnt able to receive a picture or signal. I then came to my own conclusion that perhaps these sockets were somehow hooked up to a satellite dish. The house has about 8 dishes scattered about all over and their are only 5 or 6 flats. I bought a used Sky Box off Ebay and went to connect it up but the Satellite connection on the box doesnt match my aerial box connections. The one on the box is a screw type male adapter (Its a Pace 2500S3) and the connections on the walls are female type normal TV aerial connections. Is their a way to get the box to connect to these to see if they are connected to a dish or have I jumped to the wrong conclusions? If they arent for a Sky Dish connection then what could they be for?
Cheers for any help.
Chris

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum chrissilke

It is no good guessing with this hobby, you either need to ask the landlord, another tenant or go trace the cables yourself to see what is connected to the other end.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are getting a ghosted TV picture, then the chances are that they are not dish connections. What many people fail to realise, is that some areas are served by more than one transmitter and the TV when moving in, needs to be retuned. :)