Wouldn't it be good if:

Larrystein

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Have an SL65 at the moment, TM H-H motor(not sure of number), Lidl's 80cm dish and a Darkgold 0.1dB LNB. Got $LY +HD installed, but not sure I can continue to justify the big outlay.
My Location
Exeter
Hi, I just joined your forum. So, please bear with me.

I have (at the moment) an SL65 (with the Japanese IQ firmware) and 90CM dish with a H-H motor.

I have been having trouble getting my H-H motor pointing in the right direction. And it just came to me in a flash!

Wouldn't it be good if the first channel on all the satellites were named after the satellite?

That would make "setting up" such an easy task.

The problem I'm having is: There are so many up there that I can never tell which one I'm pointing at. The listings on Lyng sat don't relate to what I'm seeing. Then Just when I thought I had it (19.2E) I tried to get 13E and my sl65 didn't get any channels(I'm using USALS). I do have a compass but my dish is mounted above the back door which is a metal framed U-PVC one and puts the compass off.

Then when I got what I thought was 19.2 & 13 East, together. I tried to move it to get 25.5E and It wouldn't find it.

I think my elevation is set correctly. But could be wrong on this. I can get something at 4.8E.But I don't know if the channels I'm getting are on sirius or not. And some of them aren't listed on Lyng sat.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Larry

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to satellites,

You need to set up the motorised dish on your reference satellite or satellite closest to your longitude.

What's your rough location ?

SM :)

Larrystein

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Have an SL65 at the moment, TM H-H motor(not sure of number), Lidl's 80cm dish and a Darkgold 0.1dB LNB. Got $LY +HD installed, but not sure I can continue to justify the big outlay.
My Location
Exeter
Hi,
Lat 50.71
Lon -3.5
el 28mts

Larry

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You can set up on Atlantic Bird 3 (5W) as a starting point :D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Also if you google for kingofsat it has a channel search facility, there is also flysat if lyngsat doesn't list it.