X Cam Programming

R

radedef

Hi All,

I Understand That X Cam Is New. I Read That It Can Be Programmed By Using 2 Funcard 6 And A Programmer (such As Dynamite Usb). Is This Correct? Moreover, What Is You Opinion On X Cam Compared To Dragon Or Matrix Revolution/ Reloaded.

I' Ve Gor An Echostar 2200 Ci Receiver (i Point Hotbord And Astra 19.2 E) And I Plan To Clear Tps France, Canalsatellite France, Nova Greece.

Finally I Heard That Dragon Cam Support Is Problematic. Will I Encounter Any Problems With Xcam?

Thanxs To All
Cheers
;)

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
X-CAM isn't that new, been around for about the same amount of time as the Dragon. You're right, the support on the Dragon does seem to be patchy, a little better on the X-CAM. You can use a loader board, Fun Cards or now a Laptop to load it.

The clearable channels will vary almost week by week, it will normally clear whatever a 6- in-1 file will, plus the addition perhaps of the D+ channels on 19E.

R

radedef

Thanks Rolfw,

Just One More Think. Should I Go For Matrix Revolutions Instead? It Seems To Have Better Support That Other Cams (is It True However That Is Has Limited Capabilities Compared To Xcam?)

I Use An Acer Travelmate Laptop With Usb Ports Only (no Rs 232). Should I Still Be Able To Programme Xcam Or Mr?

Thanks Again

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Laptop support is for PCMCIA slot, normally quicker than other methods as well. I prefer the X-CAM over the M Rev, just a personal thing though. :)