XCAM - no menu

S

santheman

Hi there,

I have updated my Xcam with the latest hex1, hex2 files using the funcard 6.

I have reset my STB, when I go back into the CI module setup screen I cannot acces the menu for the XCAM...please help...have I locked up the CAM, if so how do I get it back!!!!!

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you definitely on a FTA channel?

G

gjones

My Location
home
santheman,

Does the X-cam show up in the CI Interface menu? I have had the same problem with Matrix Reloaded and I had to reload the files, some how the files must have gotten corrupted.

S

santheman

I can see the Xcam in the CI menu, but when I press enter on the remote to access it, it does nothing! I have an Irdeto card in aswell, this one functions ok

F

f2reddy

If you see "xcam module" in the cam menu you have reset it to a virgin state, ie no firmware loaded. If it says "xcam 1.01" or higher then the firmware is loaded but not the key file.
switch off the reciever from a fta channel, put the funcard in the cam, switch back on to the fta channel and the cam should auto load.
I dont have much experience of funcards, I use the clanzers mr loader card and xcam loader software, its a lot simpler and cheaper. Good luck.

H

hjg

My Location
pj::
The funcard update won't work with firmware below 1.04 - you'll need a serial loader card

D

dmatravers

Which of Clanzers loader cards do you use. I have a 2003 loader card v1.0 of his and I can't get it to work.

Can you tell me exactly what files you have used, and how you have done it?

f2reddy said:
If you see "xcam module" in the cam menu you have reset it to a virgin state, ie no firmware loaded. If it says "xcam 1.01" or higher then the firmware is loaded but not the key file.
switch off the reciever from a fta channel, put the funcard in the cam, switch back on to the fta channel and the cam should auto load.
I dont have much experience of funcards, I use the clanzers mr loader card and xcam loader software, its a lot simpler and cheaper. Good luck.

H

hjg

My Location
dmatravers said:
Which of Clanzers loader cards do you use. I have a 2003 loader card v1.0 of his and I can't get it to work.

Can you tell me exactly what files you have used, and how you have done it?

I use a twin loader card - jumper to set it to Magiv Module or UCAS (this for Xcam), connects using straight thru' serial lead

Z

zorg

HI!
hjg said:
I use a twin loader card - jumper to set it to Magiv Module or UCAS (this for Xcam), connects using straight thru' serial lead
Please ,( i'm looking for this information for a while), on your twin programmer, can you tell me the difference between the Magic Module position and the UCAS position?
What wire(s) is (are) affected ?
Because i have a magic progammer and i would like to transform it in a ucas programmer for program a XCAM.It seems to be very similar !

if you have a schematic of the board .....

Thank a lot in advance!
Zorg

H

hjg

My Location
@Zorg
Did you get the pics I sent?
They are about as much use a a chocolate teapot I'm afraid

B

blueiceiscold

I went to upgrade my xcam using loader serial board..loaded the 1st file ..xcrypt-app-clear..as this finnished we have a power cut for about 2 mins.
Now.. all my decoder does when the xcam is in it ..is re-boot non stop. I cannot access the xcam menu...so cannot finnish of upgrade.. as decoder keeps re-booting. When i remove xcam decoder works okay. Any ideas anyone..or is my xcam gone cos of power cut..

Z

zorg

hjg said:
@Zorg
Did you get the pics I sent?
They are about as much use a a chocolate teapot I'm afraid
Hi
I am sorry but i have not receive your pics of the twin programmer !
Can you please post again?
I 'd like to know the reference of the 2 integrated circuits, one must be a 232 or a 233 (rs232) but what is the reference of the little one (with 8 pins)?
Sorry for my bad english!
Thank a lot in advance

Zorg
My email: zorgillon@hotmail.com

H

hjg

My Location
zorg said:
Hi
I am sorry but i have not receive your pics of the twin programmer !
Can you please post again?
I 'd like to know the reference of the 2 integrated circuits, one must be a 232 or a 233 (rs232) but what is the reference of the little one (with 8 pins)?
Sorry for my bad english!
Thank a lot in advance

Zorg
My email: zorgillon@hotmail.com
Sorry Zorg, but they were too big to send and the quality was useless - I'll have alook at the chips and advise you.