Xtreme Hornet

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Now that i have made Sat tv a hobby and have obtained good knowledge (with the valuable help of this site...Thanks lads you know who you are!.) the next leap forward for me is that i want to venture further into this wiz of a receiver!.....armed with a null-modem cable and a CAS-Interface which will convert its UCAS to a MR!........So the next big question is: ....is there anyone on this forum who owns an Xtreme Hornet and is experienced and having success with this dastardly deed?

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive got a xtreme pvr, not the hornet. if i could turn back time i would not buy this again.

im on my second machine. ive had lots of problems. mostly lock ups and crashing. it still does it but not as frequent.

everything except for my dish is brand new and was fitted and rechecked by an engineer.

maybe ive been unlucky. but if i were you i would stay well clear.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Personaly upto now doggy i have enjoyed getting to know this receiver.....and after looking at the Echostar & Manhattan i felt that the Xtreme was miles ahead with its spec & tech!....to be blunt it would appear that either your receiver is not set up correctly OR you need to take it back to the company that sold it to you.....the only problem i have is trying to watch bloody TVSport RO! ....apart from that i have no complaints about it whatsoever and with the help from people i have had on this site am now able to have a really good choice of viewing. Last of all 'What Satellite TV magazine' back in September gave this receiver a good write up and stated that 'The Xtreme Hornet now comes with a 40g to 250g hard drive''.....i am led to believe that Kaon have always named it that too!.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah maybe youre right and ive just been unlucky.

did you look at the topfield 5000? it has a usb connector to transfer movies to your pc, a magic cam and twin tuners. it sounds good too.

im struggling a bit with my reciever. im a bit fed up with it. at first it was great and i could get loads of channels but now they are dropping like flies.

i cant tell if im loosing channels due to encryption my card or my receiver.

im on astra and hotbird. ive lost most of my mtv channels (i get sound but no picture) ive lost my french canal plus, i dont get sound with multivision but i do get TPS ok.

i got the local shop to do my card again but it didnt help. have you got any suggestion?

im looking at this programmer is this the one everyone is talking about?

http://www.maxking.co.uk/usbprog.htm

cheers

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well doggy my opinion is very much the same as hoppers...in that pretty much all receivers are very simular and that all are probably built by one factory in Korea!...as i have mentioned before i personaly like the Xtreme as it does have more facilities than most..my thoughts regarding yourself with your receiver is that you may be probably using the wrong files or something!......what works well with mine to receive most channels (for educational purposes!) using the Infinty USB (Not in Pheonix mode!) and Raptors 6in1 files.....If your having difficulties doggy i am sure i may be able to help you m8........as i feel you may be throwing good money away into the laps of the retailers and still have problems with a different STB, when your problems may well be something simple that you have overlooked!.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whats the difference between the infinity and the infinity pheonix?

ill buy one after the holidays and a new card, can you suggest a good card for me? at the moment im using a fun card 4. this was bought from a local shop and the owner programmed it for me.

ive been having a look in toecutters but im having problems going from one forum to another. when i joined i expected to be sent an activation e mail but it never arrived, do you think that could be the problem?

is there any similar sites to toecutters you can direct me to?

the funny thing ive noticed about my system is i seemed to have lost the channels on irdeto 1 i was getting for months.

i lost my dutch channels ( net 4 5 ned 1 2 3 yorin sbs6 tmf) but i can still get dutch euro sport. i thought they were encrypted the same.

sometimes when i watch BVN a free channel the reciever tells me to press exit access denied. i was wondering if its the magic cam thats at fault.

thanks for you help

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Looks like your venturing down a road that i was once in!....first of all forget about Pheonix...just install the standard Infinity USB sftware onto your pc...you can download this from TC's...fun4 is ok i use one for my 6in1 files and works fine...Next time you are on TC's when you navigate it dont use the 'back' button too much! if you have posted......scroll up to the top of the page and select the forum thread you want(>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<) this then directs you to where you need to go!....as for the cam it should be o'k or every channel would be dead with the 'No AV' popping up on your screen plus there would be no channel listings either.....as for other forums go too 'Nobbly's big links forum' at the top of this page...just click satellite forums and there is a good list there to choose from........these will be safe as they are recomended on this site!....searching and downloading files on unknown territory is just begging for a virus to balls up yer fun!....and yer pc.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
I think you need to use the top left hand menu bar on this site m8!......it's really good with a lot of information: http://www.duwgati.com/uk/index.htm and should answer any technical questions you have about software and hardware especially cards and what they do.

ijazmona

Reaction score
hi
i have problem hornet dvb xsc-520 anv this recever no opening irdeto orgnial card
i nead thats cam software
thanks

AZZEDINE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
@SAT UPDATE SOFTWARE
I have Xtreme U-CAS S/W: V01-05.00 /W: V1,3.42.65
COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE IN ORDER TO SEE TPS AND OTHERS.
THANKS FOR ALL

laperlenoire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtreme Hornet 520 ANV
My Location
UK
My xtreme hornet 520 anv can not open any of the funcard 5 I programmmed with the hexfiles I got. Any tip or hexfiles I might used to watch Hotbird 13 pay channels?

tamazgha2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
tamazgha
ijazmona said:
hi
i have problem hornet dvb xsc-520 anv this recever no opening irdeto orgnial card
i nead thats cam software
thanks

this site give you all the info on how to upgrade the intern ucas cam
http://www.ucassupport.nl/english/Software.htm

tamazgha2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
tamazgha
AZZEDINE said:
I have Xtreme U-CAS S/W: V01-05.00 /W: V1,3.42.65
COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE IN ORDER TO SEE TPS AND OTHERS.
THANKS FOR ALL
for upgrade on how to do it try this site
http://cam.741.com/k/

laperlenoire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtreme Hornet 520 ANV
My Location
UK
Thanks you all. I have my xtreme Hornet 320/520 ANV working at last.

Which Kaon model firmware can I use with Xtreme Hornet XSC 320 ANV or Xtreme Hornet XSC 520 ANV?

tamazgha2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
tamazgha
so far as i know you can use only receivers with hardware version 12.03.A5 for xtreme hornet 320 ANV or XSC 520 ANV
kaon have not this hardware version but you can use other brands like:
Sunny AT1030 DCIA
Nextvision NV-8050 DCIA
Especta eS-2200 S Sky
Satstation2/ XSC520
DigiX DSC911A
Nextstar YE-7600 Sky
GoldMaster Sat7400CIM
GM-Sat 10600 CIM
Onwa X7 CIM
Echosat HaifaSky
SAB S 8030 DSKY