Help Required Xtrend ET 10000 Quad G-Edition Linux VLan PVR Receiver

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Reference to the above receiver I bought it online with 4TB HDD installed internally , When I turned the receiver on and by using the remote control , I pressed the Main Menu ----Information------Service .

This is what came on the screen :- HDD Not Available . Which means no Hard Disk is installed .
But by looking at the receiver from top through the ventilation Holes I can see the Hard Disk is installed inside it .

And By pressing again Main Menu-----------Information ---------About

This is what came on the screen :- Detected HDD - ATA ( TOSHIBA MD04AC )can
which means the receiver system found a Hard Disk is installed inside it .

Also when I pressed the Red button for recording nothing happened no recording , which means the Hard Disk needs to be formatted before it can do recording , But the problem in the Main Menu there is no HDD in order to format or initialize the Hard Disk first , Please Advice How to solve this problem finding Anything about HDD in the Main Menu I search the whole Main Menu and I did not find anything .

Best Regards

A.M.AL-Madhi

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well looking back I can see you first posted on 12th September I cannot see why you have not contacted the manufacturer, I do not think there is anyone on here that has this make and model so responses with meaningful answers will be thin on the ground. I do not however understand your logic of assuming it needs formatting.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
You dont say which image came pre-flashed on the receiver seeing as its Linux Enigma2 it will work in the same way every other E2 receiver does and rely on an image being installed and setup correctly.

A little more information is required like what image is currently installed

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
You dont say which image came pre-flashed on the receiver seeing as its Linux Enigma2 it will work in the same way every other E2 receiver does and rely on an image being installed and setup correctly.

A little more information is required like what image is currently installed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks digi247 for prompt reply for help This is the information regarding the present image shown below :-

From Menu --Information ---About

Hardware : et10000 ( 96-2 )

Image : Xtrend Image

Image Version : 3.13.8

Enigma : n/a

But Note that I did flash the receiver using OpenPli USB memory stick but it did not work , the receiver did not give new image . the receiver starts booting with the existing image