Yellow House - no ITV,C4 C5

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
go to "services", press 4 for system setup, press 0 then 1 then select for "secret" installers menu. No. 6 gives new installation.

withnail

Reaction score
Ok, well I tried that with phone line connected, got through to the secret menu etc....but no joy

the itv channels which i added still display theat the card is unauthorised...

think its time to give up the ghost!

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If the card was sold to you as a Active or Activated card then you can claim your money back,or at least leave very bad feedback......but if it was described in loose terms as a bbc card,then,caveat emptor,let the buyer beware,.......brian

bulldog

Reaction score
Hi guys correct me if i am wrong but dont you have to have min package to get c5?

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
You stand corrected......................where have you been?.........

withnail

Reaction score
sadly brian this emptor non caverat)(-red

The item was actually withdrawn by e-bay at the last minute, but I contacted the seller and asked if would still go through with it - so no comeback.

Basically Sky ask e-bay to cancel all such transactions now as they assert they right of ownership of the cards ( small print on the card)
seller said:

I know Sky say the card should be left in the digibox and the box kept connected, if not I know from my own experience it will take some time to start-up. I understand Sky broadcast some form of code change every 3 to 7 days as an anti-piracy measure and the card has to wait for the next set of codes to be received before it will work again if it has not been used for some time? My friend who set-up my satellite system is more of an expert in these matters, I'll try to get back in contact with him for more information.
I simply gave notice to Sky that I was moving and I was no longer requiring subscription services, they said that my service would end after 1 month and my direct debit would also cease as far as I was aware the card was left as that. I have certainly never asked for the card to be deactivated.

pretty sure the original ad on ebay mentioned ITV. CH4 and Ch5 though to be honest at the time I thoguh YEllow house was the only thing I had to worry about.

Guy doesn't seem dishonest, but is not exactly leaping forward to refund me!!

withnail

Reaction score
I called prime but they said their card would only be activated for their channels not Ch4 or ITV.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
So,Withnail,two weeks later,have you had any results?