Your chance to make a difference

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
59/02: ITC CONSULTS ON OPTIONS FOR CHANGE IN DTT TRANSMISSION
---------------------------SNIP
In their recent applications for Multiplex Service Licences B, C and D, five of the six applicants, including all the existing multiplex operators, proposed a change to a '16QAM' transmission mode. This would have a beneficial effect on reception equivalent to more than doubling the powers of the transmitters, thereby over-riding many reception problems. However, a consequence of the change of transmission mode would be that fewer television services could be transmitted. This has already been taken into account in the plans of the successful applicants, BBC and Crown Castle, who between them will operate four of the six DTT multiplexes.
----------------------------SNIP
The ITC is therefore seeking views on two options: the first, that all multiplex operators be required to adopt the new 16QAM transmission mode; the second, that individual multiplex operators be allowed to choose whether to adopt the new transmission mode with its associated benefits for reception, or whether to maintain the current 64QAM transmission mode. The ITC wishes in particular to take account of views as to which option would best promote the development of digital terrestrial television broadcasting in the UK.
----------------------------SNIP

Full Article
HERE