Zapped viewing card? Activation possible?

yilmazms

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Goldmaster 7400 CIM
Amstrad SkyBox DRX550
My Location
Kent
Hi,

I am a brand new member of the forum but I have been using satellite systems for a while. I had a motorised dish in my last home but now moved to a flat, so my only dish here is a tiny sky dish. Anyway, the main issue is that I bought an amstrad dx550 sky box and it came with a blue viewing card with yellow house on it. When I first plugged the box, it was saying "upgrade your package" for Ch4 and Ch5. I saw in other forums that leaving the box connected for a while may solve the problem but I wasn't sure if I have to connect the phone cable or not. Being impatient, I connected the cable and then entered to the sky interactive - bills etc menu, my thinking was that maybe the card will be activated for ch4 and ch5. oooppsss after this I got a "not authorised card" message.

My question is how can I activate this card? I got the original address/name/serial no etc. Can I call sky and ask them to activate? What should I tell them? Is there any risk to the other guys (original owner)active sky subscription? For instance, can I tell them that I am using this box in another room (as the original owner) and want them to activate it for ch 4 and 5? Shall I call the number on the back of the card?

Cheers!!!!

Mesut

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Just go to www.freesatfromsky.com and get yourself a new card. 20 quidwill get you a pukka card and the correct regional variations for your area.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Or just leave it in the box for a while, it'll catch up.