Zehnder DX65 Receiver, Oyster Dish

paul10june

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zehnder DX65 in motorhome. Sky Minibox in motorhome.
Sky HD in house
My Location
UK North West
Hello, I wonder if anybody can help me?

I am setting up a Zehnder DX65 Receiver connected to an Oyster dish in a motorhome.

Both are DiSEqC capable - if only I understood the badly translated instructions with the receiver - and the even more badly translated instructions with the Oyster.

My questions are:
- how do I make sure each channel/satellite is assigned to DiSEqC? The receiver asks for which port - A B C or D - what does this mean?

- the Oyster system has all the satellites pre-programmed so I can press a button and the dish moves to that satellite. It also links to the receiver to make that movement automatic when a channel is selected. I have managed (by complete accident) to get this working on some satellites but not all!

If it would be easier to talk me through on the phone let me know - but God this is burning my brain.'O'-red

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum paul10june

Ok reading you post I have to say i am a bit confused by what you have here. You say the dish moves, hence it is motorised, presumably an H-H mount. What I cannot understand is where does the DiSEqC come into it. Normally a DiSEqC is only used if using multiple dishes or multiple lnb's, in other words where you are combining more than one input device. From what I can see from you details and post, you have neither, hence I assume all should be on DiSEqC port A since you only have one input device.

I would point out that the satellite channels you have pre-programmed will be way out of date and I would recommend doing a scan on each satellite based upon info on lyngsat.com or flysat.com

paul10june

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD in house
My Location
UK North West
paul10june said:
Hello, I wonder if anybody can help me?

I am setting up a Zehnder DX65 Receiver connected to an Oyster dish in a motorhome.

Both are DiSEqC capable - if only I understood the badly translated instructions with the receiver - and the even more badly translated instructions with the Oyster.

My questions are:
- how do I make sure each channel/satellite is assigned to DiSEqC? The receiver asks for which port - A B C or D - what does this mean?

- the Oyster system has all the satellites pre-programmed so I can press a button and the dish moves to that satellite. It also links to the receiver to make that movement automatic when a channel is selected. I have managed (by complete accident) to get this working on some satellites but not all!

If it would be easier to talk me through on the phone let me know - but God this is burning my brain.'O'-red

Thanks for any help.

Paul
Thanks for this.

Now I understand I only need to refer to the one port as I am only using one LNB.

The system I have is:

Dish and controller
_http://www.ten-haaft.de/e/produkte_oyster_vision.html
Receiver (translated by Google!)
_http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en-GB&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zehnder-sat.de%2Fframe.php3
In German:
_http://www.zehnder-sat.de/shop/vollbild.php3?nArtikel_ID=835&VID=IqVxia1MtTybeqP2&svImageBig=imagesbig/DX65.jpg

The dish is motorized and the controller has the main satellite positions stored so it can operate under DiSEqC1.2

Paul

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If your Oyster motor control box accepts DiseqC commands, the you will probably need to turn DiseqC switching to none and select DiSEcQ 1.2 on for it to work properly, then you find out which numbers the control box allocates to each satellite and use the same numbers on the satellite receiver..

paul10june

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD in house
My Location
UK North West
many thanks - sorted.

There is a limitation of 4 pre-set satellites for both the Oyster and the Receiver. Now I have these in Synch it workks fine.

Many thanks.

Paul

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's good, well done.:)

Perhaps you can take some photos of the screen menus and explain what you did, as others may find it useful in the future.