Zinidine Zidane - talking point

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
There's no need to make him a scapegoat, after all their was only 10 minutes left.
A bloody idiot may be ! :-bash

ginger

Reaction score
mazaratti i think has went and said something to him that is well out of order (rascist remarks) and that is why zidane has reacted. mazaratti has not reacted in a way you would normally expect once zidanne has been sent off and i reckon zidanne is only going to do that after extreme provocation. That is my gut reaction. if iam wrong apology big time for mazaratti but thats what i reckon what do the rest of youse think

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Of course he should be made a scape goat - the eyes of almost every country in the world are on this one game -the audience is in the billions, and he acts like a complete twonk and flattens another player with a headbutt.

And that action probably cost his country the cup. Hes going to be ripped apart in the French press tomorrow

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Sorry but whatever was said doesn't justify what ZZ did. This was the biggest international football match for 4 years not a game on the local rec. ZZ let himself down and let his team mates down. Anyone involved in sport has to take stuff on occasions. If everyone reacted like ZZ then there would not be many left on the pitch.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And a quick reminder folks - whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter and everyone will have a different opinion on the events of tonight - keep it friendly

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, we don't know what the other player said and that is perhaps for another thread, but at the end of the day, Zidane was their main penalty taker and could have made the difference.

I also believe that subbing Henry, was not the best of decisions, so close to the penalty shoot out.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
If Matterazzi did say something, why didnt Zidane be the professional and go to the ref and complain?

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
the ref did not see the incident. A replay was used to send him off. under current fifa law that is not allowed. double standards. whole can of worms have opened. yes it was the right desision. but this was the 1st sending off via video evidence. big fuss will kick off now.

Here is the head butt 8mb

http://www.fileden.com/files/29802/Zinedine Zidane Head Butt WC2006 Final.avi

right clcik save as

Shahid

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do we know that it was a replay, or was it the fourth official's report? Whatever it was, perhaps this is a timely nudge, to force them into more modern methods of control.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Shahid said:
the ref did not see the incident. A replay was used to send him off. under current fifa law that is not allowed. double standards. whole can of worms have opened. yes it was the right desision. but this was the 1st sending off via video evidence. big fuss will kick off now.

Here is the head butt 8mb

http://www.fileden.com/files/29802/Zinedine%20Zidane%20Head%20Butt%20WC2006%20Final.avi

right clcik save as

Shahid

I guess we've had a sneaky peek into the future.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Materazzi gives away a penalty
Materazzi scores the equaliser
Materazzi gets Zidane sent off

Materazzi 2 Zidane 1

It certainly was his night - but who will be remembered?

..and Materazzi scored a penalty

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
The greatest player in the last 20 years should not me made a scape goat. Massarit hurt is allready injured arm. Thatrs why he head butted him in the chest. Lay of zidane.

if his arm was hurting that much he should have asked to be substituted..

i cant believe what i saw... the man lost the plot !!!

unfortunatly whatever Materazzi's said wont matter.... no one cares about the insults that causes players to do these things.. history has shown this

and now history will show ZZ acting like a lunatic in his biggest and last international match

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
I think the 4th official brought the assault to the ref's attention.
Whatever was said, ZiZou had to be above it. He wasn't. Simple as that.

The Personal Implosion 2006 award is already his :)

aatt1111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Metronic receiver
A violent physical act cannot be a justified response to any kind of verbal offense. On the other side, players should be respectful to each other, more so in the final game of a brilliant profesional life as ZZ has had. Massarit's attitude is unforgiveable, and the best player's award granted to Zidane is FIFA's way to say it. Otherwise, it would be granted to one of the champion players.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
ZZ is luckier than you can imagine, it is well documented that a hard blow like that can stop someones heart in its tracks, the same as a blow can start a heart, it could have been a lot worse....... and I still believe the police may yet charge him with assault.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
It doesn't take them long...

_http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

:-doh!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
gameboy said:
It doesn't take them long...

_http://tonaz.altervista.org/zidane.html

:-doh!

Didn't take long to burn his 10GB traffic limit either... :-rofl2

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
BGonaSTICK said:
Didn't take long to burn his 10GB traffic limit either... :-rofl2
well it was in the Sun this morning ;)

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Damn!!! Should have saved that to my hard drive the first time! :D