Zinidine Zidane - talking point

nilsonjames

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MEGABOX receiver
My Location
uk
Well guys knowing that he was going out anyway for what he has done to mazerrati, If I was him I would have head butted him on his bloody face to make sure that he doesn't discusting word for the rest of his life.

Got this in Yahoo news: Zinedine Zidane has claimed repeated insults about his mother and sister spurred him to head-butt an Italian in Sunday's World Cup final. The French captain declared "I'm a man first" to explain his reaction but refused to say the exact words. A 10-man France later lost the match, and football's most coveted prize, 5-3 on penalties.

It had been reported Italian defender Marco Materazzi called the Algerian-born star the "son of a terrorist whore". The Italian admitted using insulting language but strongly denied using the word terrorist.

Zidane said: "(Materazzi) grabbed my shirt and ... I said to a stop, to stop pulling my shirt and I said to him, 'If you want, we'll change it at the end of the match'.

"He said, he said some words that were very difficult and words he repeated many times, which is sometimes more difficult to accept than just gestures.

"It was something that happens very quickly."

Zidane refused to repeat the insults but said: "The words were very serious. The things that are very personal.

"It mentioned my mother and my sister, very hard words. You hear them once, you hear them twice and the third time.

"I'm a man first and foremost. There are words I would have preferred to have received a punch than hear what I heard."

The now retired footballer apologised to children who saw the attack but said he did not regret it because "that would mean he was right to say what he said".

Zidane may still be stripped of the Golden Ball award for being voted the best player at the World Cup, ahead of Italians Fabio Cannavaro and Andrea Pirlo.

FIFA boss Sepp Blatter said a decision would be made after a probe into the incident.

Zidane's mum has meanwhile reportedly praised her son for his actions. Malika Zidane said she was "utterly disgusted" at the abuse he allegedly received.

And on the top of this, the president of the Italian parlement said that the Italian team has won against Blacks, Islamists and Communists. "For you to juge now".

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
If I was him I would have head butted him on his bloody face to make sure that he doesn't discusting word for the rest of his life.

well if i was earning millions and playing for my country, you could call me, my mother.. grandmother, father etc etc...
they are only words... ALL professional footballers get treated this way, because its a well known tactic for putting players off there game.
someone as experienced and ZZ should know this, and rise above it.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
Fifa opens inquiry over Materazzi ???

Italy defender Marco Materazzi faces disciplinary proceedings regarding his conduct in the World Cup final.

source BBC

i cant belive that..... i have to ask myself, if this wasnt Zinedine Zidane and it was a lesser know player, would FIFA bother?
i dont think they would

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm sure that you're correct, but perhaps this is the right catalyst to start moving the game out of the sewer and back to a civilised level.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
New headbutt video evidence:

h-t-t-p://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13/zidane_headbutt_outrage/

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
they're not working in Firefox...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You have to click on them

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
;) I did. Wasn't working on my laptop but works on my PC.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
hahah they are great lol

very funny indeed :)

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
jimbo said:
Sorry but whatever was said doesn't justify what ZZ did. This was the biggest international football match for 4 years not a game on the local rec. ZZ let himself down and let his team mates down. Anyone involved in sport has to take stuff on occasions. If everyone reacted like ZZ then there would not be many left on the pitch.

at the end of the day if someone was (aledgedlly)continually calling/insulting my mother, i'm afraid i could not honestly say that i could keep my cool no matter what the circumstances........

he may have let his team mates down but she will always be his mother

in the circumstances i applaud him

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Sir Bronking said:
if someone was (aledgedlly)continually calling/insulting my mother, i'm afraid i could not honestly say that i could keep my cool no matter what the circumstances

Apparently he could take the insults about his mother and sister even about being bald and old.

He snapped when the Italian suggested he was only good enough for Reading!

Sorry Rolfw - :-rofl2

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, sorry missed that unforgivable jibe at the expense of the 2006/7 Premier league champions GB. ;) :-rofl2

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Have a look at this game

h**p://linuxteam.at/~philip/zidane.html

Click with mouse to activate the ZZ :D

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Sir Bronking said:
in the circumstances i applaud him
ahhh bless, diddums was upset about something that was said so he decided to headbutt a player and possibly contribute to the downfall of his country.

Next he turns up at press conference with something draped around his shoulders (just popped in from a club I suppose) and apologises for his actions. Didn't look convincing to me but he wanted to maintain his cult status obviously.

Next up .... septic blatter wants to 'pull' the Italian because of what he said. Where will it end. :confused

They should just get on with it.:mad: