Best 1.2m Dish?

roccky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 125, 18'' actuator, vbox, tbs6922 & azbox
My Location
London
Thank you very much to all of you who helped me in this thread. The dish is finally in my roof with k&k&t brackets and 2,5'' pole, and it looks quite strongly secured. Let see what happens after the first storms, but it looks good.

Now struggling for good alignment (I have posted about it in dish setup section), nothing comes easy... :)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
This means nothing without pictorial evidence.

roccky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I will try to get a picture, not easy access to the roof.

By the way, anyone knows how to set up the superjack vbox so that numbers stay between 1 and 1000? Right now they are between 320 (28E) and 93 (30W), and thus it goes from 999 to 1 around 23W or so, which looks a bit weird. Also, it makes me think that if set up quick numbers for the satellites the vbox could try to go from 93 to 320 through the wrong way !??!, destroying the dish agaisnt the wall. Hopefully not, but who knows how it has been programmed.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Yes, pictures would be much appreciated ;)
To not hit the wall you better adjust switches inside the actuator.
And to start counting numbers from your most eastern or western satellite, reset your positioner when dish is on one of those two satellites.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
The counts don't seem to bother me. I reset the vbox when it's on 1w, my reference satellite and it counts plus or minus from the middle.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
assuming you set the hardware limits on the actuator arm then also setting the software limits in the Vbox itself should be enough to stop it crashing into the wall although a malfunction in the Vbox could lose the limts and so why it is also an advantage to set the hardware limits too.

roccky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Finally the defaults limits in the actuator were enough to avoid the dish touching the wall. So no need even to set up limits for the Vbox.

Regarding how to choose the 0 position in the actuator, I found out that it was enough to unplug the sat cable and move it :)

I wasn't able to reset the machine, though. Reset button not working.

Thanks! (sorry, I forgot about the photo again, and very difficult access to the roof)