satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
No issue with using Webro Wf100 for domestic or commercial installation drops. Don't agree with that statement at all. Been using it for years. From an installers point of view, it is good quality as is TX 100 and like.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I can imagine Terry, I am using Webro WF 100 atm and its a bag of shi*, I only have to point my camera at the tv and the signal drops 2%, I don't know why some peeps rate this cable because its not what its made out to be :(.
As with satelliteman, have been using WF100 for well over 10 years and have never experienced problems with it, I use it on all of my small systems unless cable runs are too long and then I tend to opt for WF125, or ultimately, fibre. It's certainly more than adequate for domestic systems. The problem I find with WF167 or equivalent, other than for trunk lines, is that it is thick, heavy and rigid, so it is very awkward to connect to multiswitches and nigh on impossible to connect to LNBs without putting stress on the holder.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Well you re both entitled to your opinion same as I am entitled to mine, its a bag of Shi*. imho.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well you re both entitled to your opinion same as I am entitled to mine, its a bag of Shi*. imho.
Compared to what Martin?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Without comparing it to anything I say that, if pointing a camera at my tv causes a 1/2% drop what else is interfering with it to cause loss, for peeps just watching tv its fine but for chasing fringe as I do its not up to the job.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Without comparing it to anything I say that, if pointing a camera at my tv causes a 1/2% drop what else is interfering with it to cause loss, for peeps just watching tv its fine but for chasing fringe as I do its not up to the job.
Could well be interference directly with the receiver, I've never experienced interference from a camera and certainly not penetrating a coax screen.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I've tested 4 receivers and the issue is there on all four rolf, so I have four doggy stb are its the cable, I put it down to cable.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
God knows what your camera is throwing out to penetrate the screening of the cable.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Ive no idea rolf, I will do a little video of it and post it up.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'd love to wack it in fron of my analyser.:)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Martin

Is it possible that you've picked up some bogus WF100 somehow? There was some floating around a few years ago and maybe still is.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
I am with Satellite man and rolfw been using either WF100 or TX100 and some standard Sky/Freesat installs with WF65 and never had a problem on any install, i use TX100 on my own install and this year tested around 10 different receivers and none have had a problem.

Could be a bad batch of cable or something else a miss

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'd love to wack it in fron of my analyser.:)
Now you know that statement is open to wild misinterpretation surely!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Now you know that statement is open to wild misinterpretation surely!
LOL, realised it straight after after posting.:)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Also never seen any issues with WF100 - even on long cable runs of 40 metres. But I have seen reductions in SNR when there are a bunch of joints along the run (with the barrel connector). So a single run is the answer.

Back on topic.. I also want to start using crimp connectors as they look so much nicer. Is there a specific type I should look out for that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (for WF100 type cable)?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I also want to start using crimp connectors as they look so much nicer
Maybe, maybe not. But I do think that compression fittings look much nicer.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Agreed stay away from the crimps Compression are the way to go

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Back on topic.. I also want to start using crimp connectors as they look so much nicer. Is there a specific type I should look out for that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (for WF100 type cable)?

I use Triax 370041 compression connectors externally and cablecon Self Install (toolless) compression connectors for internal work, both are good and don't cost a fortune. For the odd job where I use the WF65 shotgun cable, I use Cablecon CX3 short compression connectors. This one requires a different compression tool from many of the others, as the connector is shorter, same tool can be used for the triax connector.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Thanks, good to know. So, compression tool and connectors is the way to go (not crimp).

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I cant see any problems with crimp and compression and the normal type fitted correctly using good quality and tested for loss they all do the same job, but each to there own and that's just my opinion again, but what ever fitting you use its only as good as the cable you use,

As for the cable been fake I cant say, I use a reputable supplier and the problem exists on more than 1 run that was bought at different times, this is from one run and they all look identical.

DSCN0074.JPG