Join our Barclays Premier League Fantasy League 2009/2010!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Transfer Deadline - Saturday 11:30am BST

Fantasy PL Homepage | Rules of the Game | Live TV

Gameweek 21
Saturday (all 3:00pm unless stated):
Hull City v Chelsea (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Arsenal v Everton (Setanta Ireland)
Burnley v Stoke City
Fulham v Portsmouth
Sunderland v Bolton
Wigan v Aston Villa
Birmingham v Man Utd (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
West Ham v Wolves (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Liverpool v Tottenham (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Man City v Blackburn (8:00pm, ESPN)

Be advised that due to the extraordinary weather conditions that games may yet be called off!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Salty25 said:
Transfer Deadline - Boxing Day (Saturday) 11:30am BST
I'm never going to make that Boxing Day deadline Salty. :-rofl2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Lol, that would have been a big ask :D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
attachment.php

(Weekly scores available in attached full table, which now includes full transfer breakdown!)

The final month of 2009 provided us with a real marathon of action, with no less than 6 Gameweeks taking place, with Man United and Chelsea both displaying some patchy form and Liverpool dropping into 'crisis' on a daily basis if The Sun newspaper is to be believed! And the Pompey players just want to get paid!

The hot stuff in this coldest of winters, and December Manager of the Month, is stuzeeuk. Stu has guided Paraletic Athletic to 3rd in the table, and only scored less than 50 at the end of the month. Athletics spend nearly the entire month in 4th, but as they began it in 5th and finish in 3rd, that represents a two place advance.

The top two are as they were, with my Dynamo team losing little ground to john_graydon's Calcio Carlo Ancelotti. November's MotM, mhku, is now down to 4th but Mucho Calor Huy! are a handsome 41pts in front of 5th place MU Super Reds, managed by S_G.

S_G took 5th only on Tuesday, having fallen as low as 8th on two occasions this month, but were able to overtake malcolm's Toodrastic (6th) and pazinho's Dragoes do Blackburn (7th) on GW20 with the month's 3rd best score of 73pts. The top duo on that front also saw the big numbers this week, as I put on 74pts but with 76pts, T_G Jnr. and RED United are the big hitters in December.

Also hitting the high notes at the end of the calandar year were tanman, whose Scumdee squad secured two top scores this month and were 2nd best throughout and move up 3 places to 8th. T_G will also be pleased because, despite actually ending the month where he started in 9th, his gross points total of 336pts means he is still in the thick of it in the chase for the top 5 with Satellites RED. Linhas (Dragoes), Norm (Donkeytown) and quite surprisingly chris1 (Drighlington Dream) all achieved top weekly scores during the month.

Attachments

• PLSL December Full Table.jpg
    PLSL December Full Table.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 16
  • PLSL Dec Graph.jpg
    PLSL Dec Graph.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 16
  • PLSL December Short Table.png
    PLSL December Short Table.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DL December.png
    DL December.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 21

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
_47024500_beckford_cel_gettycredit466.jpg

Round 2 - GW19

The second round proper was fairly kind to the SupaLiga teams, with only 4 of the remaining 11 losing out on a place in the next round. However, two big SL teams did go out, and by the narrowest margin possible. SL Champions Mucho Calor Huy! lost 37-36 in the lowest scoring game to feature our teams, mkhu being put to the sword by 'Improvement Required' league's bottom team Deuceball Dreamers. john_graydon's Calcio Carlo Ancelotti, 2nd in SupaLiga, were also defeated by a single point, 58 to 57 against Swede's Ovlov FC. Also biting the dust were Athletica Booshank and Bordersat.

Paraletic Athletic advanced on as stuzeeuk's men made mincemeat(!) of Kipper FC of the Cadogan Tate Premier, winning 66-59. kreacher's Creatures booked their place in Round 3 by a single point over Barely Athletic (46-45), and league strugglers Weepio Pirates continued their viliant Cup run with victory over Saints Not Forgotten (Belmayne League). Also into the third round were Dragoes do Blackburn, Scumdee, Dragoes and Rainbow Warriors.

Round 3 - GW20

Seven teams made it this far, but 4 would go no further. None of the exiting quartet could feel bitter about the result though, as the closet result was a 12 margin between wannabee's Weepio Pirates and FC Dracula from Finland, final score 40-28. Dragoes, Creatures and Dragoes do Blackburn all saw their Cup dreams extinguished for another season.

And then there were three. The final trio still left standing include December MotM stuzeeuk's Paraletic Athletic, who went through a tight game against Arsenal of India with a 48-46 victory to set up a Pakistani derby versus Karachi XI. Scumdee, managed by tanman whipped Hermanubis to set-up an away day in Hong Kong against Samba Boys. Continuing to put his league form to one side is Tom34 and his Rainbow Warriors who just edged Sunridge Park (DXB Champions League) by a score of 39pts to 37 and now face Rampage of Malaysia this weekend.

The next Fantasy Cup Review will follow GW21

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
_47090158_tevez_celebrates466.jpg

Round 4 - GW21

Karachi XI 35-44 Paraletic Athletic

The highest ranked team in SupaLiga, stuzeeuk's top team from December, are still in the hunt for the Cup after victory in the Pakistani derby in snow hit GW21. As with nearly all the big hitters this weekend, captaining Tevez was the winning selection. Next up for Atheletic is Joshy Redz of the Bristol United league.

Samba Boys 18-47 Scumdee

The journey to Hong Kong for tanman's boy proved rejuvenating for the team as they went upto 5th in SupaLiga and wallopped their Cup hosts, Tevez the man of the moment here as well. Joe Hart also earned 5pts against Man United. It's back home for Round 6 and a game against The IT Crowd's Hamfisted United.

Rainbow Warriors 6-10 Rampage

It was a great run for Tom34, but it came to end under cover of snow at home in this low scoring encounter. Arsenal's Diaby done for the Warriors with 6pts v Everton for Rampage.

The next Fantasy Cup Review will follow GW22

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 22
Teams playing twice: Arsenal, Bolton, Hull City, Liverpool, Man United, Tottenham
Stoke City v Liverpool (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Chelsea v Sunderland
Man Utd v Burnley (Setanta Ireland)
Portsmouth v Birmingham
Tottenham v Hull City
Wolves v Wigan
Everton v Man City (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
Aston Villa v West Ham (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Blackburn v Fulham (3:00pm)
Bolton v Arsenal (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Wednesday:
Arsenal v Bolton (7:45pm)
Liverpool v Tottenham (8:00pm)
Saturday 23rd:
Man Utd v Hull City (3:00pm)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Transfer Deadline - Tuesday 7:30pm BST

Gameweek 23
Teams inactive: Hull, Man City, Man Utd, Stoke City

Tuesday (7:45pm unless stated):
Portsmouth v West Ham
Wolves v Liverpool
Bolton v Burnley (8:00pm)
Tottenham v Fulham (8:00pm, Sky Sports 2)
Wednesday (7:45pm unless stated):
Aston Villa v Arsenal
Chelsea v Birmingham
Blackburn v Wigan (8:00pm)
Everton v Sunderland (8:00pm, Sky Sports 2)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
_47172963_beckford_getty766.jpg

Round 5 - GW22

Joshy Redz 70-113 Paraletic Athletic

Stezeeuk's squad romped to a massive win here, with captain Wayne Rooney and Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin scoring the big numbers for the team. Athletic return home for the sixth round and entertain the MPG's Lokomotiv Stanmore.

Scumdee 89-75 Hamfisted United

Despite a low-score in this 'doubler' GW, scoring only 89pts, tanman was lucky enough to be up against Fantasy strugglers Hamfisted United. Again, Rooney was the hero, while Thomas Vermaelen also proved his worth with a goal for Scumdee. Next up for the Scots are tougher opponents in Shortie Allstars.

Well done, you have both equalled Norm's run last season of getting to Round 6. The man to beat, other than each other, is T_G who in 2007/2008 survived to Round 9.

The next Fantasy Cup Review will follow GW23

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 24
Teams playing twice: Chelsea, Fulham, Hull City, Portsmouth
Birmingham v Tottenham
Fulham v Aston Villa
Hull City v Wolves
Liverpool v Bolton (Setanta Ireland)
West Ham v Blackburn
Wigan v Everton
Burnley v Chelsea (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
Man City v Portsmouth (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Arsenal v Man Utd (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Monday:
Sunderland v Stoke City (8:00pm, ESPN)
Tuesday:
Hull City v Chelsea (7:45pm)
Wednesday:
Fulham v Portsmouth (8:00pm)

January Manager of the Month will be announced sometime after this Gameweek

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
_47196292_lampard_getty766.jpg

Round 6 - GW23

Paraletic Athletic 31-34 Lokomotiv Stanmore

Stuzeeuk's Cup campaign came to an end midweek with a low scoring and tight encounter against Lokomotiv. Neither team featured a scorer, and Athletic lost out only due to the 4pt penalty for an extra transfer. Full steam ahead in the chase for the SupaLiga title now.

Scumdee 27-64 Shortie Allstars

It was a night to forget for tanman's team as the Scots were outplayed by this particular 'allstar' team, with Chelsea's Frank Lampard contributing half the points as captain against Scumdee.

So there we have it, stuzeeuk and tanman share the crown of furthest progress in the Cup this season, as Paraletic Athletic and Scumdee survived upto Round 6. Well done :D Though I think we all have to admit that as a league, we are a pretty poor bunch when it comes to the Fantasy Cup :-ohcrap:p

tanman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
big dish and seven receivers
My Location
fundee
Oh well

all good things come to an end

its the taking part not just the winning

:-ohcrap

Tan

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 25
Liverpool v Everton (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Bolton v Fulham
Burnley v West Ham
Hull City v Man City
Man Utd v Portsmouth (Setanta Ireland)
Stoke City v Blackburn
Sunderland v Wigan
Tottenham v Aston Villa (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday:
Birmingham v Wolves (1:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Chelsea v Arsenal (4:00pm, Sky Sports 1)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
27897d1265419958-plsl-january-short-table-png.att

(Weekly scores available in attached full table, which now includes full transfer breakdown!)

The new decade brought with it the harshest winter in Britain for more than 30 years, causing the opening weekend of Premier League fixtures in 2010 to be almost entirely called off. That, and the resulting fixture pile up and the FA Cup, has meant this month was perhaps the most challenging seen in Fantasy Premier League history.

Much transfer wheeling and dealing was done in SupaLiga (far more than in the Premier League at least!) to cope with these events, and many high scores were achieved, particularly in GW22 in which malcolm made the biggest score ever in SupaLiga history with 157pts.

However, Toondrastic's manager is not taking this month's award. For the January Manager of the Month award resides up north, because Norm is the stand-out performer of the month with Donkeytown.

Norm, winner of last summer's Under-21 tournament and normally there-or-thereabouts, has had a torrid time this season, falling as low as 16th during December. The new year, however, has seen a revitalised Donkeytown with a gross total of 273pts as well as high scoring in GW24 with 77pts, and is currently in 9th.

Donkeytown is now amongst what appears to be a chasing group for 5th spot behind current incumbent Toondrastic, with the 'RED' group of teams threatening a Spring time attack on the Champions League places. pazinho, despite a terribly January, is still in the hunt but Dragoes do Blackburn must recover from their winter worries.

The top 4 have remained static since Christmas, with my Dynamo's advancing away from 2nd place john_graydon's Calcio Carlo Ancelotti - the gap is now 65pts, but it would be serious folly on my part to assume the fat lady is even out of her dressing room yet...

Meanwhile, the 'battle for 12th' is on with rolfw transfering players for the Screwballs as if he were Harry Redknapp. Risers Topper (Tossers), kreacher (Creatures), and falling Analoguesat (Bordersat) make up the opposition for this bottom half mano-a-mano!

Attachments

• PLSL January Full Table.jpg
    PLSL January Full Table.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 15
  • PLSL January Graph.jpg
    PLSL January Graph.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 14
  • PLSL January Short Table.png
    PLSL January Short Table.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Den League January Table.png
    Den League January Table.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 18

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I think we're all fighting for 2nd and 3rd now - a bit like Arsenal and Man U :D

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Transfer Deadline - Tuesday 7:30pm BST

Gameweek 26
Teams playing twice: Bolton, Man City, Stoke City, Wigan

Tuesday (7:45pm unless stated):
Man City v Bolton (Sky Sports 2)
Portsmouth v Sunderland
Wigan v Stoke City
Fulham v Burnley (8:00pm)
Wednesday (7:45pm unless stated):
Arsenal v Liverpool (Sky Sports 2)
Aston Villa v Man Utd
West Ham v Birmingham
Wolves v Tottenham
Blackburn v Hull City (8:00pm)
Everton v Chelsea (8:00pm)
Tuesday 16th:
Stoke City v Man City (7:45pm)
Wednesday 17th:
Wigan v Bolton (8:00pm)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
UniSat Champions League
Transfer Deadline - Tuesday 7:30pm GMT

Fantasy UCL Home | Rules of the Game | Live TV

Free transfers this deadline: UNLIMITED!
Players from a single team this deadline: 3

Round of 16, First Leg
Tuesday:
Lyon v Real Madrid - Stade de Gerland
AC Milan v Man United - San Siro
Wednesday:
Bayern v Fiorentina - Allianz Arena
Porto v Arsenal - Estadio do Dragao
Tuesday 23rd:
Olympiacos v Bordeaux - Karaiskakis Stadium
Stuttgart v Barcelona - Mercedes-Benz Arena
Wednesday 24th:
CSKA Moscow v Sevilla - Luzhniki Stadium
Internazionale v Chelsea - San Siro

UniSat R161L:
Toondrastic v IUF Grabs
RED United v AC Few
Rapscallions v Mucho Calor Hoy!
Purple Mob v Satellites RED
Dogs Bollox v Badm******s
UMBAA Laugh v Donkeytown

To follow the scores live, click here!

For those not in this season's UniSat Champions League, remember - Top 5 this season in PL SupaLiga is your guaranteed passport to UCL 2010/11!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 27
Teams playing twice: Man Utd, West Ham
Everton v Man Utd (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Arsenal v Sunderland (Setanta Ireland)
West Ham v Hull City
Wolves v Chelsea
Portsmouth v Stoke City (5:30pm, ESPN)
Sunday (3:00pm unless stated)
Blackburn v Bolton (12:00pm, ESPN)
Aston Villa v Burnley (2:00pm, Sky Sports 1)
Fulham v Birmingham
Man City v Liverpool
Wigan v Tottenham (4:15pm, Sky Sports 1)
Tuesday:
Man Utd v West Ham (8:00pm)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex

Gameweek 28
Teams inactive: Aston Villa, Hull, Man Utd, West Ham
Saturday (3:00pm unless stated):
Chelsea v Man City (12:45pm, Sky Sports 1)
Birmingham v Wigan
Bolton v Wolves (Setanta Ireland)
Burnley v Portsmouth
Stoke City v Arsenal (5:30pm, Sky Sports 1)
Sunday (3:00pm unless stated):
Tottenham v Everton (1:00pm, ESPN)
Liverpool v Blackburn
Sunderland v Fulham

February Manager of the Month will be announced sometime after this Gameweek

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Oh dear looks like a nice safe lower mid table finish for me - although it doesnt help I forgot to update my team for 2 months :-rofl2