What should i buy for feeds ?

A

Archive4

As 2 technomate boxes & the sat card, with the same problem?

I think you need to start to fault finding.

Technomate recommends factory reset before and after the installation of software.
Surely a factory reset would reset box back to original settings ( when leaving factory ) and remove any updated software / firmware issues?

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow
As 2 technomate boxes & the sat card, with the same problem?

I think you need to start to fault finding.

Technomate recommends factory reset before and after the installation of software.
dunno about "fault finding" its a very basic setup, as you know i have some pretty elaborate amateur radio antenna systems that are far more complex than this..not being funny, but there's nothing much that can cause the problem I'm experiencing.. ( certainly nothing antenna wise) i think its just bad luck. I'm going to switch to the Blade 7000s see how i do.
as to the TBS card, i think there was some incompatibility with my PC.
cheers rob
just plugged it into my sky dish on astra ( of course) same issue regarding blind scan.. so not an antenna or feedline issue.

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow
Surely a factory reset would reset box back to original settings ( when leaving factory ) and remove any updated software / firmware issues?
its a BRAND NEW box, got today, had the blind scan issue Before i updated it too. so.... ?

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
i could have mistaken for being cheeky soo edit .. :)
whatever the ussie is, it is clearly an issue with the last of the 5502 and 5302..
what a nightmare.. its not like i want much out of this hobby.. just for blind scan to work so i can catch few feeds :(

A

Archive4

its a BRAND NEW box, got today, had the blind scan issue Before i updated it too. so.... ?
Sorry Rob, I think you miss understood my post. Was questioning Chris´s post about factory reset before and after updates.
Trying to think of someone local who may be able to take a look, or even try the box at their place.... @Ghostleader near you I think, any chance you can have a look, or try the box at yours?

A

Archive4

i could have mistaken for being cheeky soo edit .. :)
whatever the ussie is, it is clearly an issue with the last of the 5502 and 5302..
what a nightmare.. its not like i want much out of this hobby.. just for blind scan to work so i can catch few feeds :(
Any way of finding chipset info?

A

Archive-8

Was questioning Chris´s post about factory reset before and after updates

Technomate say first, factory reset, then install the software.tbn file. Then factory reset.

Then add the "other" file and factory reset.

Then add your channel list and job done.

All my diseqc settings are stored in the channel list.

A

Archive4

OK Chris, as I stated, I am not familiar with TM boxes.
But to me, a factory reset normally over rides added / updated software as a " get out of jail free " card!

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
so, just setup the old blade 7000s i got today 2nd or 3rd hand ( who knows) and so far its working fine, blind scan does what it should ...

how can i reset the technomate back to original firmware ? just get it off tm site i guess.. i think il have to try and sent it back.. its just not right :(
cheers rob

A

Archive4

Sounds like, from advice by Chris, a factory reset will not restore it, so maybe you will have to load the version it came with from the web.
Not doubting you, but bloody strange such a problem has not been noticed before now and sent up a BIG warning flag.
Bummer:(:(:(

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
Sounds like, from advice by Chris, a factory reset will not restore it, so maybe you will have to load the version it came with from the web.
Not doubting you, but bloody strange such a problem has not been noticed before now and sent up a BIG warning flag.
Bummer:(:(:(
yes true about the red flag, but both the 5502 and the 5302 have been discontinued.. maybe this is why ..?

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Just skimmed back thru the last couple of pages on this thread, sounds like your having a fecking nightmare Rob. I think I had the least buggiest TM model in my pre Linux days namely the 6900HD, still fond memories of that receiver. I do remember one of the firmwares having an issue with scanning on just the one transponder but then continuing on to scan the whole data base for that particular sat.

Sent from my thl_T7 using Tapatalk

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
He should just install the old software to get rid of the "other" file.
Yeah my experience of Technomate boxes is the new patch overwrites what was there previous, but, I do remember softcam lines some how staying intact which then defies this logic, mad.

A

Archive-8

Yeah my experience of Technomate boxes is the new patch overwrites what was there previous, but, I do remember softcam lines some how staying intact which then defies this logic, mad.

I know "logical" it isn't.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Mod Note

Gents, this Topic seems to be straying gently towards territory we do not occupy ........

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
I Really don't want to send yet another tachnomate back , so has anyone any ideas how i can get the blind scan to work properly on the 5302 ?
cheers rob :)

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
Technomate say first, factory reset, then install the software.tbn file. Then factory reset.

Then add the "other" file and factory reset.

Then add your channel list and job done.

All my diseqc settings are stored in the channel list.

I have tried this 6 times to NO avail.. i could really do with some help here guys ?
cheers rob

ps tried to post on the crappy technomate site but i have not enough privileges to post.. registered 2 weeks ago !
guess they are sick of people complaining !