14yo kid builds a DIY clock, accused of making a bomb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
So I guess it best for peeps to blow things up then do something about it after is the way to go then silly me :-doh
I don't disagree that people should report suspicious packages and behaviour. But this is so clearly not a bomb, it should not have got so out of control. The police should have handled this properly, especially when it involves children.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
No humiliating public arrests in front of the school or an illegal questioning session needed.

Nope, none needed, but they insisted on making a scene because they could...

It is ridiculous at the end of the day, hell, I'd be more of a "security risk" than that poor kid as I have radioactive material (Trimphone dial with tritium tube and a thorium-based mantle from an Aladdin paraffin lamp) and I have an explosive device (airbag charge from a Honda Accord seat), a digital timer (from the old boiler) and a lot of wires lying about, but I have no interest in putting them all together to make something illegal, as doing such things is pointless and unnecessary, yet I wouldn't be profiled cos I'm white, speak english properly (give or take a stammer or two), and people would probably assume I have a "western religion" under my belt (I don't)...

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
My sister bought me this as a gift one Christmas... perhaps I should be careful...

clock-exp.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Its ok he's on his way to cooking class :D
imagesSB4WN731.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hmm, a knife in the hands of a hooded individual, versus a clock, I know which one I'd call the rozzers on...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

Still, a hoodie with the knife out aiming to do no good, yep, cops called, a hoodie pulling a stone out of a horse's hoof though, well, that's highly unlikely...:-rofl2

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Still, a hoodie with the knife out aiming to do no good, yep, cops called

Ok so the person carrying the knife now is this person on her way to so called cooking class, what's your opinion now ? :p.
main-qimg-e15ebeb19708f73e31bae3964d2816bb.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ok so the person carrying the knife now is this person on her way to so called cooking class, what's your opinion now ? :p.

Well if they're shouting "gimme your f***ing wallet NOW" in a masculine voice, cops called...:-rofl2

If they're wandering about with a knife in their hand, in public, cops called, cos carrying a knife in the open in public is against the law... ;)

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Are flat caps acceptable ? :D

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
View attachment 84621
This comment might be borderline political or even be seen as racist to the PC Brigade but this
main-qimg-e15ebeb19708f73e31bae3964d2816bb.jpg
and this
100437-3.jpg
are the same thing, full face covering "garments"

One is a sign of oppression and is a danger to the public and one will get you arrested

I think the Burka shouldn't be allowed in public just as the Ski mask isn't allowed in public, it could be anyone under there (didn't a terror suspect escape detection and board an international flight dressed in one of these years back?)

As for this poor kid getting jumped on and locked up, who ever called the cops wants locking up for wasting their time

Its racial profiling gone nuts

I once went to Amsterdam by ferry via North Shields with my English friend, his mother is English and his father of Pakistani heritage, he has an English passport, an English name, served with the British Armed Forces but has his dads Pakistani skin tone.
On the way through passport control at North Shields ON THE WAY to Amsterdam, they selected him and his rucksack to a random search, I was a few steps behind so I went up to the customs/security officers colleague who was next to them and showed her my passport, went to give her my bag and she chased me!
He was the only Asian looking passenger I could see and lets be honest, who'd try and smuggle anything to Amsterdam, Land of Dope and Glory, its all on the other side of the water in the coffee shops and on the street corners
What ever their reason for stopping him and telling me to do one, I blame racial profiling, I also think its funny as fook getting searched on the way to Amsterdam

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
I think this thread has run its course, we have had our opinions before it gets out of hand I will lock this.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I agree with your decision to close the thread Martin but I just wish people would open their minds to the realities of press censorship/suppression of the truth in all countries but especially in America. There is a completely different side to the original story, one which most newspapers did not run for those interested and a tv clip click here

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I agree with your decision to close the thread Martin but I just wish people would open their minds to the realities of press censorship/suppression of the truth in all countries but especially in America. There is a completely different side to the original story, one which most newspapers did not run for those interested and a tv clip click here

To call Ms Geller a 'nut-job' is an insult to nut-jobs.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
To call Ms Geller a 'nut-job' is an insult to nut-jobs.

On the contrary CH I think she has a lot of balls to call things for what they are and stand up to these 'nut-jobs' in the Whitehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.