Angle advice....

denno69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600S with Gemini image
My Location
UK
Robbo said:
It doesn't look too bad, though if you go above the roofline, you shoukd get a decent part of the arc. Eastwards won't be a problem if you put it below though, I think.

Difficult to tell exactly but 1W looks possible from your proposed position, a survey with an angle meter or a dish would confirm.

Yeah that is what I am thinking - anything above the roofline should ok for all of the arc.

The sats I am interested in are 0.8w and east from there so even if it was just under to roofline it shoudl be ok.

The line showing south is right - it is not totally accurate but it was just to show the general direction of south.

I am hopefully going to try an install it at the weeken with the help of my bro and dad - in other words I will be standing around telling them what to do :-rofl2

Fingers crossed!

Cheers guys

denno69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600S with Gemini image
My Location
UK
rick1980 said:
That line looks like a good estimate of due south to me M8 :-doh2 :)

lol I will never look at that tree again without thinking TREX on the loose! :-rofl2

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Will this be your first dish installation?

If so, it might be an idea to have a little practise lowe down first, as aligning a 1m ish dish can be a bit tricky on the 1st attempt.

Dave UK

Newbie Member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ connected to Sky dish plus Technomate TM5400 CI+ connected to Penta 85 aluminium dish with TM-2300 motor & Invacom SNH-031 LNB.
My Location
Swindon UK
Sorry Guys............I stand corrected............I WAS WRONG! :-doh2

(I hate having egg on my face, I will keep my nose OUT in future)

Dave

abr 1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000s
panasonic plasma 42"
samsung dsr9500
samsung lcd 27"
My Location
Staffordshire
@denno69
you must live very close to me m8

is there no way you could install the dish at groung level
i have mine installed on the south facing wall of my garage which is in the back garden
can't you find somewhere in the back garden albeit a little farther away from the receiver