anyone know the best lnb & feedhorn for my new ex virgin media 2.5 solid prime focus

thanks mate did u have the same setup? dish ect, what is a watchable picture 40 45%? i may wat untill next season maybethe boxes will be beter
 
I did use a 2.4m Channel Master Dish for 26 east,the Humax Admc Sport boxes only goes up in 10s% with the signal.you have to have 40% and over for a picture with the Admc box.
 
i hope i just have enough then when i installed i the weather was terrible hale stones heavy rain too and no break up so fingers crossed
 
Robbo said:
No,it was just three, attached about a foot maybe, in from the rim.

Not the feedarms, the reinforcing spokes on the back of the reflector.
 
Doh!, Ok, Don't remember seeing any to be honest, just two rings, an inner and outer one.
 
can you post a rear picture of that beautifull looking dish please..... also a closed picture of the feedhorn area...cheers
 
I can't read any more of this thread ..
Its just turning me a lovely shade of green ..
Dishes in excess of 2mtrs do that to me ;)
IF ONLY ....I had space for such a beast ...Id have lots more accessible fringe stuff ...particularly for my C-band obsession..
rds 2 all
VS
 
Good to know a man with passion.

I'm trying to re-instate my TD110 after the dish-saster of a few days ago.
 
Vipersan said:
I can't read any more of this thread ..
Its just turning me a lovely shade of green ..
Dishes in excess of 2mtrs do that to me ;)
IF ONLY ....I had space for such a beast ...Id have lots more accessible fringe stuff ...particularly for my C-band obsession..
rds 2 all
VS

Ditto that, though its a thing of beauty not a beast lol. Doesn't look quite as big when you stand right next to it.
 
Tivù said:
I'm trying to re-instate my TD110 after the dish-saster of a few days ago.
I wish you all the luck Gordon ..
Such an excellent dish as the 110 deserves to be fully functional..
I luv mine as you know..so I totally understand
rgds
 
Robbo said:
Ditto that, though its a thing of beauty not a beast lol. Doesn't look quite as big when you stand right next to it.

..Forgive the poor choice of word m8..
It is indeed a thing of beauty ..
I suspect its the glint of green in my eyes that makes me choose such words..
:)
rgds
 
sorry been very busy here are some pictures of the back im setting up on saturday for its final resting place, enjoy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0243.webp
    IMG_0243.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0244.webp
    IMG_0244.webp
    183.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0245.webp
    IMG_0245.webp
    190.4 KB · Views: 80
also forgot to say i had some problems with getting fox movies last night signal very low 45% admc was at 60?
 
that scaler ring is looking a bit worse for wear! replacing that will probably improve things a bit more..but i must say what a fine looking dish..would love to get my hands on a 3m version..do virgin advertise these dishes??
 
just an update on what i have been doing ive had allot of trouble with ad in the morning but ive been focusing on getting 11843 h which is alot lower signal ad can be 60% and say fox movies can be 50 or 45% on some days. ive cut off the orignal scaling ring had a hole drilled through the orignal feedhorn so i can slide a c120 invacom one in, ive got a new invacom quad c120, had good results, im still thinking off changing back to the inverto quad due to the long cable run it does perform very well at half the price. if any one can coment please do ive had no help from any satellite installer or engineer so i think ive done ok thanks for your help everyone who was involved.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0351.webp
    IMG_0351.webp
    119.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0352.webp
    IMG_0352.webp
    119.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0350.webp
    IMG_0350.webp
    126.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0353.webp
    IMG_0353.webp
    159.6 KB · Views: 65
jambon550192 said:
if any one can coment please do ive had no help from any satellite installer or engineer so i think ive done ok thanks for your help everyone who was involved.

I thought Robbo had been round ? ;)

Congratulations btw, I missed the pictures first time round but that is one of the early Precision antenna designs, used near here for single feed downlinks for the United Artists cable company (out of New Malden).
You should really be looking for a dedicated Precision feedhorn as there is no adjustment required on the dish design.

The original one would have been a double scalar ring design, the later having four rings. Both are anodised in black and a translucent semicurcular plastic bulb (like the proverbial rocking horse)

Elite antennas now owns the rights on the spun aluminium production, so you might be lucky to get one from there

_http://www.elite-antennas.com/



Btw, the last few noises in 2008/2009. I was lucky to be invited to visit the production plant by the MD way back, Great British innovation, spinning plates and broomsticks.

_http://www.warwickshireonline.com/forum/stratford-avon/2856-precision-antennas-loss.html

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/coventry_warwickshire/7544205.stm
 
yeah he poped round he said i mite be able to use an inverto single but as i said i needed a quad for a few rooms its worked out ok, do you think that i could gain more by using a dedicated Precision feedhorn? are they allot of money more signal would be better as i still cant get 11843 h until at least 11/12 late morning, thanks again
 
I couldn't tell you how much, you would have to ring the new manufacturer, or search for somebody selling old dish parts.

From memory the full range of Precision antennas (90cm - 3m) used the same feed in Ku configuration, however there was one other - in gold - that was machined to accept the Chaparral mechanical polarotor.
 
well ill definatly contact them and ill see what i can do i may aswell try it would be a shame to stop now that feedhorn isnt looking at all the dish so its prolly acting like a 2m not a 2.5 thanks again
 
OUCH!!!, I see you've massacred the original feedhorn. LOL. I did have a short length of feed tube that I could have dug out so that might have facilitated the use of the invacom quad. A twin or a single inverto would have fitted with some grinding.
 
Back
Top